Dri-Pod Replacement Parts

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
Snapped a leg off a Dri-Pod a year ago. Fixed with epoxy, which worked well until a few days ago when I hit an unseen speed bump that launched all the fans in the back of the truck. All survived except the one I epoxied :(
Spoke with my distributor who said parts are not sold for the fans. Can this really be true?? I need the bottom diffuser with the 4 legs. The rest of the fan is in great shape.

Mikey P

Administrator
Snapped a leg off a Dri-Pod a year ago. Fixed with epoxy, which worked well until a few days ago when I hit an unseen speed bump that launched all the fans in the back of the truck. All survived except the one I epoxied :(
Spoke with my distributor who said parts are not sold for the fans. Can this really be true?? I need the bottom diffuser with the 4 legs. The rest of the fan is in great shape.
They were not to be never meant to be serviceable, especially the early models that were riveted together and I suppose you could steal parts from one another to save one, especially with the new bolted together models

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
They were not to be never meant to be serviceable, especially the early models that were riveted together and I suppose you could steal parts from one another to save one, especially with the new bolted together models
It’s the new bolted together model. Why go from rivets to bolts and screws if you still can’t replace a broken part. Easier to build? Perhaps. It still seems stupid to not be able to purchase a part as opposed to a new fan.

Mikey P

Administrator
It’s the new bolted together model. Why go from rivets to bolts and screws if you still can’t replace a broken part. Easier to build? Perhaps. It still seems stupid to not be able to purchase a part as opposed to a new fan.
If they were to create a part housing system and the staff it would take to facilitate the process, one of those little fans would probably cost $350..

Reactions: Cleanworks

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Open it up.
German glue the broken side...
An or lower all pod mounts an add caster wheels.
German glue online...
Simply incredible stuff...
For added strength sprinkle baking soda on glue...

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
Open it up.
German glue the broken side...
An or lower all pod mounts an add caster wheels.
German glue online...
Simply incredible stuff...
For added strength sprinkle baking soda on glue...
Thank you. I’ve epoxied the parts back together. I’ll look up German glue for future use.
As to Mikes comment that the fans might cost 350.00 if a handful of parts were available, I say pishposh. I believe it’s environmentally unsound on the part of Dri-Eaz to have to trash metal, electronics and plastic of an otherwise perfect fan for the sake of a simple plastic leg, whether a fan costs 119 or 350 dollars. Basic parts should be available for repairs.
I’ll keep a better lookout for pesky speed bumps down the road.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
Thank you. I’ve epoxied the parts back together. I’ll look up German glue for future use.
As to Mikes comment that the fans might cost 350.00 if a handful of parts were available, I say pishposh. I believe it’s environmentally unsound on the part of Dri-Eaz to have to trash metal, electronics and plastic of an otherwise perfect fan for the sake of a simple plastic leg, whether a fan costs 119 or 350 dollars. Basic parts should be available for repairs.
I’ll keep a better lookout for pesky speed bumps down the road.
manufacture much?

Reactions: Cleanworks

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Have some fun with it. Use one of these.

iu

• Haha
Reactions: Nate The Great
Name
Nate W.
My friend has one of these.. Works well for a lot of things.. You can get the cheaper ones.. It uses staples that heat up and you melt it into the plastic to repair it.. So far it's holding a bumper on a car, a proteam vacuum head, and a few other bits I've tried it on..

Amazon product

FredC

Village Idiot
My friend has one of these.. Works well for a lot of things.. You can get the cheaper ones.. It uses staples that heat up and you melt it into the plastic to repair it.. So far it's holding a bumper on a car, a proteam vacuum head, and a few other bits I've tried it on..

Amazon product

can confirm....used one to put the rear bumper assembly of my kid's car back together

Reactions: Nate The Great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom