Drimaster 2 Upholstery Tool

theden

Anyone using the Drimaster 2 upholstery tool? If so I would like to know what you like and/or dislike about it and would you recommend it?

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we like ours but fragile
do not carry in the doors of the van
have had the cooper tube from the valve to the manifold break twice
easy fix but still a hassle
but i would buy another yes

MrSteam

i like mine, i have done just a few with it but it is well worth the money.
would not go back to a cheapo PMF style tool.

A

amazingcleansc

It does a damn good job. I've had customers shocked at how nice their uph. looks.

I just got one and cleaned about 75-100 seats that were connected to each other. Back hurt a bit when I finished but my cleaning hand wasn't fatigued at all. The original DriMaster was nice but the square design was a little hard on my cleaning hand. I love it!

R

Randy Pierce

We use it and it is GREAT really enjoy using and does a good job

theden

The problem with the new Sapphire Scientific tool is it's new. It may be a great tool but because of my experience buying new technology in the past I just don't know until it's been out for awhile. To prove my point just look no further than the Drimaster tool, how long did it take them to finally work the bugs out? Assuming they actually have.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
joeynbgky said:
Oh well I already bought the drimaster. how much is the saphire? All this crap is way over priced

Joey maybe you didn't get the memo but blue plastic is the new " titanium"?

At least it costs about the same.

When you get past the price both are nice tools but be careful with that drimaster we have bought some furniture when it snags the fabric.

BraveHeart

Anyone suggest between the Drimaster 2 Upholstery Tool,Sapphire Upholstery Tool, Hydro-Kinetic Upholstery Tool ?
It needs to perform well on both Upholstery and berber carpet w/ no overspray.

FyreLyter

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Dillon
I love my Drimaster 2. Never used the sapphire or the hydro, but the sapphire looks promising.

Huge upgrade to my pmf detailer I started out with. But don't throw it out, since it still comes in handy for some jobs.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Had both the DriMaster's.

Still have the original one which I keep for particular work.

Couldn't wait to get rid of the Big Black Beast with about a dozen bloody screws to undo each time it had to be cleaned out.

Was nowhere near as comfortable to use as the Sapphire which is my tool of choice of many that I have had over the years.

The 2nd best was an Aussie made one which I believe made be coming back into production again.

Down under the DM2 sells for, wait for it...... Price: $744.60 inc GST within Australia

(GST is a Goods & Sales tax which is on nearly everything we buy down under apart from food and a few other items.) :cry:

The Sapphire, down under, sells for AUD $799.00 & worth every cent.

I really can't see what the big deal is on the price of a lot of equipment.

Sure, for something so small, it seems like a lot of money, BUT, one job that I do every year that takes me 4 hours, I can buy two of these tools.

In fact on average, 3-4 lounge suites pay for the tool, (usually 3 days work including carpet), then the rest is cream.

How long does your tool last. ???

Looked after, many years of many dollars.

I think that's called a very good ROI (Return On Investment). !gotcha! shiteatinggrin

PCCN

Used a Drimaster for about a year (from old style upholstery tool). Yes, it was a big improvement. BUT, after some wear the Drimaster has a seam that begins to wear and eventually catches some fabrics and pulls/snags it. It also must be disassembled very frequently to clean all the lint and hair it collects with the teeth on the inside of the clear window. Additionally it leaks very badly after frequent use.

On the other hand, I tried the Sapphire tool and it is a world of difference. Lighter, with no seams to snag or wear. It doesn't have any rough teeth inside to catch hair and lint to clog it. The only disadvantage is the lightweight vacuum hose sapphire puts on it (which they told me was being replaced). I get very dry fabrics.

The prices of the 2 tools are so close I wouldn't VERY highly recommend Sapphire tool over Drimaster. (I do not like any other Sapphire products so don't assume I am a loyal customer of theirs. :) )

I use my upholstery tool at least 2-3 days a week and hang it on the inside wall of my box truck without problems.

Nathan K

What about the Hydro-Kinetic; anyone using it? That's Steamway's tool, right? I saw in one of the mags they have a new stair tool based on it too... anyone try that yet? Is Cobb still selling that hybrid CFR UPH tool? Got a HUGE high-end UPH job to do, so I'm looking to upgrade or add a new toy to the toybox.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Hydroforce now owns the Hydrokinetic tool. I have used one since 1985.

I have only demoed the two versions of the drimaster, both side by side with the Hydrokinetic. Put some water and pressure through both of them equally, and you will understand which one is better atcleaning and leaving the fabric dryer.

I have also demoed the SS tool. I liked it very much.

I have read and seen pictures of the need to clean out some of these tools. I virtually never have to clean out the Hydrokinetic due to its design.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Loren Egland said:
Hydroforce now owns the Hydrokinetic tool.

OMG , that's sad news. :cry:

shiteatinggrin Thank you Lora & John. !gotcha!

ShortyDownUnder

S

sam miller

I like the sapphire tool only used a prochem tool to compare it to! the prochem vac line is lighter the head is heavier!

I would let a a rookie clean cushions with a sapphire tool its dummy proof! cant over wet dries well!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Having recently purchased a HydroKinetic tool and used it several times, it now is my favorite tool, which to me, is slightly better than the Sapphire tool.

Both fantastic tools, with slightly different advantages/disadvantages.

I carry both in my van at all times, both in their own mesh bag.

If I want some extra flushing, I have a trigger sprayer with water in it just for that.

If doing bulk dirty upholstery, a 1.5 gallon pump sprayer is great for flushing.

(Which my lackey does shiteatinggrin )

Living in the tropics with high humidity, quick drying is essential in cotton upholstery.

Either of these tools accomplish that for me.

Many have tried cleaning the above during rain periods and ended up with a moldy suite due to the slow drying of inferior tools and equipment.

You get what you pay for, and these tools have paid for themselves many times over.

Shorty down under.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
The Drimaster 2 works alot better than my old one, but one of the stainless lips slips out of position and it howls like a banshee until the rinse flows.

Will look at others when it is time to replace.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom