Dry pro water vac or waterclaw?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thinking about getting a dry pro water vac.......... It is much cheaper than the water claw. Not sure if its the same size or what... Is it about the same or what?

BUSY BEE

not sure what the dry pro water vac is, i've been using a water claw with a TM with excellent results. Just picked up a Mytee Protable Flood extractor havent used it, but heard it works good with a water claw.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
nick-a-claw.jpg

nick-a-claw2.jpg

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Why is it better?

Just curious.

Cause he said so.

I haven't compare them side by side, but we are ordering a couple of the Dry Pros. My personal opinion is that the Water Claw has been/is over priced since it's inception. (I know all the techno wizards/manufacturers will disagree) Reminds me of the original Turbo tool. It was $1500 orinally, until the competition changed that, the priced dropped by 50% overnight. I think our industry is great, but it's amazing the mark up on items. If you look hard enough, you can many times find that our industry has simply adapted that piece of equipment/part from another industry and jacked up the price. I know thats now the case with the Water Claw, but there's not a lot to that piece of equipment. By the way, we own water claws and use them a lot. They work great.

Mikey P said:
Why is it better?

Just curious.

The water claw seals better on the carpet. We did the test at jondon and after the the pro was removing no more water, we wentright over the same area with the claw and it pulled out a noticeable amount of water. The other thing I didnt like about the pro was the nipple where your hose goes in. its pointed straight up and has no swivel like the claw does.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Chris Muetterties said:
[quote="Jim Martin":3keph4rc]
nick-a-claw.jpg

nick-a-claw2.jpg
Can we use permatex to glue in the plexiglass ?[/quote:3keph4rc]

you will have to ask Nickey........

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I am a big believer in getting what you pay for.

However, over $500.00 for a piece of plastic?

And a lovely piece of plastic it is, indeed.
Is hard to swallow.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The Dry Pro looks like a cheaper version of the Water Claw. Might be perfect for those that don't need one much; I wonder if the handle will break off where the hinge pins go through the plastic, particularly if it really gets a good seal on the carpet. As concerns like this are fixed the price will likely rise, but the competition may bring the price of the Water Claw down. Or the makers might get sued by Water Claw and you'll never hear from them again.

The shower drain is supposed to replace the Spot Claw. You save some cash, but spend it again taking the time to purchase and build, and end up with a smaller tool that looks like you made it out of plumbing parts.

Price out the storm drain parts you'll need to replicate a Water Claw and I doubt it would be worth the time either.

LeeCory

Without the vac release I wonder how you will feel after trying to lift and move the thing hundreds of times attached to a strong truckmount.

However for the price you can't go wrong. If you don't like it, throw it away.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
No matter which one you choose, it's still the slowest freakin method of extraction out there.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
When doing top down drying, none of it's fast, but the Rover and xtreme extractor are faster in my opinion.

Greenie

You guys can't be serious?

I don't care if you only did one big pet job or one small WD extraction a month, it's just a tool that will fund it's own existance 100 times over.

I would buy the Medium Deluxe waterclaw without thinking twice.

And just skip the spot claw as my first purchase, I'd pick up the spot later after I got the Med. Claw.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
You guys can't be serious?

Greenie, you're on the sales end of the biz.
The BDs in the trenches don't enjoy getting HOSED on price

I would buy the Medium Deluxe waterclaw

that's exactly what I did.
but I REFUSED to buy for it years.
Knowing a little about manufacturing and costs associated with it, I had a fair Idea what it costs to manufacture.

Like Ed, I know they were/are gouging us on the price.

I finally relented and bought one (the med deluxe) after a spate of flood jobs one year.
it's a tremendous tool that takes a lot of the "work" out of extracting water.

I don't know anything about JD's new offering, I do know the original WC is well built, solid tool (albeit expensive for what it is)
If JD's knock-off does nothing more than help lower the price of the WC to a "reasonable" price point, then it's a beautiful thing to me

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
well, has anyone ordered one of these yet? i need some feed back... how hard can it be to use without a release.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I can't imagine not having a vac relief. I can't lift my water claw off the carpet without breaking the suction.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
mikey.. make sure you use it the first day you get it so i can know if i need to get one! If you dont like yours, send it to me. i'll buy you a case of beer when you get to nashville!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Coming soon........ The Omega :?: :?: :?: :wink:

In a side by side comparison, the Omega kicked the waterclaw's ass. A certain head dude of a large distributor had a smile that went for ear to ear.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom