Dry Slurry

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I just ordered a 48 pound pail of it. I have never tried it before. I normally use soap free or clean free but both distributers do not have it in stock. Do you guys think I will be happy with it?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've used it for many years as my emulsifier. I run soft water and mix it at less than half the suggested rate.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Mixed at the recommended rate is is VERY foamy, or it used to be and I doubt they've changed the formula. It cleans well; could be used as a prespray in many situations. My problem with it was the foam. It probably didn't hurt a thing, but I kept thinking it must be killing my vacuum, so I stopped using it.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I prefer the liquid in a truckmount but a porty or electro mount doesn't matter. It's good stuff maynard

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Yep.... Ditto to the good stuff comments. Try reducing the recommended amounts to reduce foaming as suggested to meet your needs.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've never had a problem with foam, maybe cuz I reduced the mix rate. Larry's right about using it as a PS in certain situations. There a occasions when I know a carpet will clean easily, prespray with the wand as I walk into the room.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Been using it for 20+ years. Nice fragrance and good emulsification of soils. Never a problem with foam at recommended dilution.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Then you need to look at your waste water.

Are you using a mount or a porty??? In a mount if theres foam in the hose there's less air flow and its audibly noticable. use crystal defoamer. that said I alway go about 16 oz for a 5 gal pre mix works fine.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
It's way better than the soap free. I did not like that stuff! I have completely stopped using others.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I use a TM, of course. I am a real cleaner.

When using Dry Slurry, you will see a ton of soapy water running down main street when you dump your water.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
How does it compare to 02 rinse (when used as a rinse)?
Or are you guys just using it as a emulsifier?

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I used it for years and it works ok IMO. Don't run it through the TM as it clogs up everything. Use it as a pre spray and rinse with and acidic rinse for best results. There are tons of better pre sprays out there for sure.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
As with a lot of products when finished cleaning stop chemical flow with valve then hook a strap around wand and let flow to cool machine fresh water will keep the deposits from forming. liquid 90 is great for no blockage everything else leaves white crap. but fresh water flush or even acid works to.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
How does it compare to 02 rinse (when used as a rinse)?
Or are you guys just using it as a emulsifier?
Dry Slurry is my emulsifier. Never used O2 Prespray as a rinse. I use O2 Prespray as my regular PS and rinse with clear water or Slurry. I like Judson's rinse to but don't know if it cleans as well as DS when not prespraying.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Supposedly, you need the Judson's rinse if you are using O2, because it is hard to rinse that orange peel thingamabobstuff they put in there. So, if you are rinsing O2 prespray with just water.

You are a hack!

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Never had the foaming problems or resoiling.

It kicks ass, when we switched from a clear water rinse to Dry Slurry we had a ton of people saying it had never looked as good as this last time (using Slurry).

We immediately switched to using Dry Slurry, the carpets were brighter and looked better than the fresh water rinse.

Trying to leave it as neutral as possible wasn't leaving as clean as using the emusifier. Nearly screwed ourselves trying to do the right thing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We pre vacuum bacon back. Try again!

Here you go bawb!

Screwed.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom