Drypod fan motor bolts

Name
Jesse
When I got the drypod I was disappointing that it was riveted shut, I prefer to be able to service a piece of equipment. After using it for awhile I got over that and my opinion of the build quality went up.

Now 3 bolts/screws that hold the fan motor in place are loose. Am I missing something here or do I actually have to drill holes in the face of this thing to tighten screws/bolts that hold the main component and obviously will get loose from time to time?

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
here we go again. i love beta testing equipment at my cost.

Name
Jesse
Why not just drill out the rivets, repair and re-rivet.

I hear ya Shane but what about next time? Also, I'm pretty mechanical and can rebuild any machine we have but somehow have made it through life without ever touching a rivet gun. Guess I might have to.

My issue. It kinda looks like a intentional design fail to me. I don't think it was an oversight, they didn't use locking nuts and sealed it shut. :icon_rolleyes:

Name
Torrey Whitaker
When I got the drypod I was disappointing that it was riveted shut, I prefer to be able to service a piece of equipment. After using it for awhile I got over that and my opinion of the build quality went up.

Now 3 bolts/screws that hold the fan motor in place are loose. Am I missing something here or do I actually have to drill holes in the face of this thing to tighten screws/bolts that hold the main component and obviously will get loose from time to time?
How old are they?
Do you use them everyday?

Mine are holding up well.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Most thing have rivets because they don't want you messing with them.....of course that has never stopped me....but never the less....something like this even I would just return.... Sounds like a isolated problem...no one else to my knowledge is having any type of issues.....

Name
Jesse
I received a pm that Sapphire warranties this problem, that's cool. Still I'd much prefer to have the ability to tighten the 3 screws then return it. I think lock nut should be used or access holes with plugs in the blue portion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom