Dual fuel truckmounts

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We ran propane for decades, you'd have to be a complete idiot to blow yourself up. If you did it was probably nature's way of thinning of the herd. Survival of the fitest? :mrgreen:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
A lot of people think les and judson are behind the times with propane. But they are wrong. My prediction is this...

Propane will dominate once again. And the smaller companies will take over.
Watch out for tcs and judson. Because both products are good, and the most reliable in the industry.

Btw I have seen two, two year old saphire units and for some reason the front panels are rusting threw the paint

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
PCCN said:
Totally agree with you all. Why in the world anyone would choose to take a chance on blowing up themselves, let alone their truck, with an additional fuel source is beyond me. Even my previous 21 year old Butlers did 190 degrees which was plenty of heat to work with a little dwell time and good prespray. Now my newer Apex pumps to 250 so there is no imagination that could make me understand why all companies are not using heat exchangers. It's hard enough making sure the main truck fuel tank is filled, so it is just a waste of time and additional maintenance, space, and fuel dolalrs to care for another fuel tank/source.

Ok chavez covered it BUT i will expound it ARE YOU ******* SERIOUS?????? Do you go out and bar-b-que??? or are you a charcol only person....

unless you are a complete dumb ass you wont blow yourself up...to many safety features to shut the fuel off....

also the Everest that I got from a company i bought out...the exchangers WHERE FULLY PLUGGED...not just in an 1" or 2....but i cut the loops and it was plugged there to.....

ya ya they shoulda maintained...I get it....

now i run the heli-coil to take the edge of the water and then my burner.... Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

and why do i want to wait around for my prespray or have to "help" it along????

spray, pull hose, go to town.....

that is one of the stupidest comments i have seen

lance

Doug, what kind of burner do you use? How much a week do you think you spend for fuel that it uses?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
http://www.semfg.com/carpet_cleaning.html

as far as cost.....I havent kept track of it that close......I run 2 40lb tanks 1 at a time...when 1 runs out i know its time in the next few to go fill up....that way i never get caught with my pants down and no heat...

I am getting ready to go fill up this week and ill try to remember to write it down...

heres the thing though....its flow fired.....so when i run the RX or the 360 it burns more then when i wand....but it also stays HOT and constant...

I also in the last little while figured out by running a "preheater" the heli-coil, that i can turn the pressure regulator down from 6-8 psi down to 3-4, and while the flame is a little smaller it stays just as hot, and i get a longer run time....

off the top of my head as i think about it....I did about $4000 on both tanks (1 job was 1900 and it was almost 11 hrs of RX running balls out) and it cost me like $60 for both tanks.....

if i had to do it again, i would probably go with a savage heater or duanes......but Draper says he tweaked his little giant to not have a pilot, i have yet to see it, thats my 1 main draw back to a LG having to have a pilot....and on the flip side when the electronics go on a flow fired it reallly pisses me off to hahahaha

plus i like the steel over copper, as i can and have used a Pressure washer a few times through it...where you cant with the copper.....though stainless maybe better....for not having to bleed the system......tomato tomaato

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
pfred said:
My butler HE and blower exhaust exchangers have over 4000 hours each

no blow-ups, leaks or " I thought you filled the hot water maker"

I would have to fall hard on my head off my bike to think dual fuel would be a better way to operate. There is now over 9000 hours on my 03 Pro1200 with dual HXs. No leaks, no maintenance, no explosions, no time spent filling propane and plenty 0f 240 heat with hi flow ti wand or 360i.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Heat exchangers and slide in's have come a long way from past years....
From what I can see..there is really no reason to run a dual system....
most can hold around 230 at the machine.....that will give you over 212 at the wand..

F

FB7777

Leslie Judson Jones said:
IT's ok guy's, Fred is just mad at me for handing his ass to him on a silver platter.

In this post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51497
Les,

You actually think you made a point there ? LOL

Everything is a deduction in business... nobody other than your hillybilly ass goes around saying a machine is 35 % off because its a write-off

It wasn't worthy of a reply, but good luck taking over the TM universe with 1970s technology.

F

FB7777

Mikey P said:
I'll have you know that my 3700 sq ft, 5 bed room, 4 bath with in ground pool, home was paid for while you were still on your mother's teet Draper

Did I mention that I have over two million dollars buried somewhere on my two acre back yard?
Did I also mention that my smoking hot wife wiped my brow and spoon fed me peeled grapes while I dug that hole?

-Phred on Mikey's almost 2 year old Droid smart phone.
its only a half acre and my money's in financial institutions

you got the smoking hot wife part correct though :mrgreen:

Mike Draper

Jim Martin said:
Heat exchangers and slide in's have come a long way from past years....
From what I can see..there is really no reason to run a dual system....
most can hold around 230 at the machine.....that will give you over 212 at the wand..

it might do that for 4 months out of the year here in Utah. For AZ, prolly a great setup.

F

FB7777

Mike Draper said:
Fred, don't you have a propane tank next to your double wide trailer? Or is it a single? hey Marty, blow me
Your house would fit in my garage...

or do you live with your folks still?

Mike Draper

Art Kelley said:
pfred said:
My butler HE and blower exhaust exchangers have over 4000 hours each

no blow-ups, leaks or " I thought you filled the hot water maker"

I would have to fall hard on my head off my bike to think dual fuel would be a better way to operate. There is now over 9000 hours on my 03 Pro1200 with dual HXs. No leaks, no maintenance, no explosions, no time spent filling propane and plenty 0f 240 heat with hi flow ti wand or 360i.

At the machine...and surely not sustainable.

Mike Draper

pfred said:
Mike Draper said:
Fred, don't you have a propane tank next to your double wide trailer? Or is it a single? hey Marty, blow me
Your house would fit in my garage...

or do you live with your folks still?

After 5 years in the business I was smart enough to graduate from the entry level butler system into something with real performance. And just think, I still spent less on my setup than you did. Poor sucker!

Ron K

If you have a bunch of Chimps working for you single fuel is the answer (or smarter employees or a better system or pay them to take care of your shit or get off your smokin hot wife and do it yourself)
Owner Operators should be able to maintain a duel fuel set-up.
My Steam Way running K1 never gave me problems it also was way hotter than my Legend

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Three big strikes against dual fuel TM's.

One : Efficiency - Single Fuel with Heat Exchanger will be the most efficient.
. . . Government emissions will be another hurdle.

Two : Liability - Insurance companies want absolutely NO risk.
. . . Manufacturers will pay for the additional liability.
. . . Users will pay for the additional liability.
. . . Customers have liability concerns (specify no LP tank systems)

Three : Time wasted procuring the second fuel
. . . Maintenance of second fuel supply

We manufactured fuel oil and propane TM's for years.
NONE were as safe as HX systems (due to lack of flame)

The well-engineered stainless HX systems of today . . .

have surpassed the LG systems of yesterday.

Larry

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
joeynbgky said:
A lot of people think les and judson are behind the times with propane. But they are wrong. My prediction is this...

Propane will dominate once again. And the smaller companies will take over.
Watch out for tcs and judson. Because both products are good, and the most reliable in the industry.

Hey Joey while you're at it.
Any more predictions?

I mean anything....................anything at all.

Oy Vey!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Doc Holliday said:
Yes secondary fuel sucks, the cost of it and especially the time wasted fetching it and the maintenance for the heater or burner.

Been there done that, don't care to go back.

As far as heat, those using a secondary fuel source are hotter and the initial cost of purchase is generally cheaper. However I'd question if that doesn't equal out when you add in the additional costs of operation.

It comes down to personal preference and prefer heat exchange.

The Butler with Max Heat does really cook!
I run a northstar diesal on one of my vans , and besides replacing a flow switch every now and then it has been very maintenance friendly

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Why do people bring up "time filling them" you all act like it takes half the day

I mean you are there what 10 minutes??? grab yourself some lunch and eat it while they fill it....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
floorguy said:
Why do people bring up "time filling them" you all act like it takes half the day

I have to be honest, Doug, when i ran a propane TM and heater, it was a big PITA to me.

The K1 we burn in our Steamway is MUCH less of a PITA.
Cause we're already there getting gas for the van at the same time

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Clark Van Fleet said:
floorguy said:

I have to be honest, Doug, when i ran a propane TM and heater, it was a big PITA to me.

The K1 we burn in our Steamway is MUCH less of a PITA.
Cause we're already there getting gas for the van at the same time

..L.T.A.

I love the smell of kero in the morning....in the afternoon and usually ya smell like it the rest of the day............. :lol:

pfred said:
Leslie Judson Jones said:
IT's ok guy's, Fred is just mad at me for handing his ass to him on a silver platter.

In this post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51497
Les,

You actually think you made a point there ? LOL

Everything is a deduction in business... nobody other than your hillybilly ass goes around saying a machine is 35 % off because its a write-off

It wasn't worthy of a reply, but good luck taking over the TM universe with 1970s technology.

Are you saying that Butler is a'' Hillbilly ass ''

Did every one get your e-mail from Butler that says the same thing as we did in our ad selling our truckmounts?
http://www.butlersystem.com/emails/2011 ... sep11.html

This statement about tax, that every truckmount maker does at the end of the year, including Butler Upset Fred very badly.

The question here is, why does this information upset Fred so bad when Judson uses it? It really upset Fred to the point that he felt that he needed to interfere with our business by ridiculing and disrespecting us.

So Fred, I take it now that you will be calling Butler Hillybilly Ass's.

Mike Draper

Its apparent to everyone on this board the sole purpose of the thread was to ridicule Les.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
As President of the Fred's An Asshole Club, our numbers have grown so fast, that we need to increase dues to retain your certification(s) as well to provide you with the level of service you expect. please find attached the list of costs for maintaining your Membership:

Certified Firm - $400 Includes membership in the president's club, admission to the How To Be A Jerk AND an Arrogant Prick , the Broadway musical, based on Fred's life, 500 Fred practice targets, an inflatable Bozo The Clown pinch 'em doll modeled after Fred.

Individual certifications - $200 - Includes life size Fred voodoo doll, Rock 'em Sock 'em robots with 2 Freds, and a Fred dartboard.

"""CAUTION

Wear appropriate protective gear as to create as much authenticity as possible, all Fred items are full of shit, bile and trumped up ego.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
I dont know about Ohio but in Cali we can buy Propane at gas stations too.

some of the gas stations here have a propane 20 gal tank exchange .
It's very expensive buying it that way though

I love the smell of kero in the morning....in the afternoon and usually ya smell like it the rest of the day..

donno what YOU wuz "burnin" Bob, but K1 in a properly tuned/adjusted burner doesn't smoke or stink .
Diesel or fuel oil is foul..not K1

..l.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom