Dual fuel truckmounts

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
donno what YOU wuz "burnin" Bob, but K1 in a properly tuned/adjusted burner doesn't smoke or stink .
Diesel or fuel oil is foul..not K1

coming from someone that thinks he don smell like cigarettes :lol:

an' i've burnt enough K1 to know that all you gotta do is POUR it and you stink all day!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If that was truly the intent, my responses have not at been an a knock on Judson or Les. In fact I respect both the company and the Jones. If I were looking for a secondary fueled TM I would give Judson a hard look. Les has always come across as an honest straight shooter who cares about the success of his clients.

As I stated I prefer heat exchange, we do live in cold climate but cleaning with 185 degree water when its 10-degrees is still sufficient enough for work we do.

As far as time it takes to go to get a secondary fuel can add up quickly if you're running 2-man crews and multiple trucks.

My responses are not to deter anyone from units with secondary fuel, if the cleaning you do requires the highest heat by all means secondary fueled heaters are the way to go

However if its a question of newer technology, I ran Steam Genie's and Hydamaster's along with a few other lesser known brands that used propane heaters and hot water generators. They all moved on to Heat Exchange for the reasons Larry listed.

Buy and own what works for you, old, new technology doesn't really matter as long as it works for your application.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Doc Holliday said:
If that was truly the intent, my responses have not at been an a knock on Judson or Les. In fact I respect both the company and the Jones. If I were looking for a secondary fueled TM I would give Judson a hard look. Les has always come across as an honest straight shooter who cares about the success of his clients.

As I stated I prefer heat exchange, we do live in cold climate but cleaning with 185 degree water when its 10-degrees is still sufficient enough for work we do.

As far as time it takes to go to get a secondary fuel can add up quickly if you're running 2-man crews and multiple trucks.

My responses are not to deter anyone from units with secondary fuel, if the cleaning you do requires the highest heat by all means secondary fueled heaters are the way to go

However if its a question of newer technology, I ran Steam Genie's and Hydamaster's along with a few other lesser known brands that used propane heaters and hot water generators. They all moved on to Heat Exchange for the reasons Larry listed.

Buy and own what works for you, old, new technology doesn't really matter as long as it works for your application.

Kiss ass.....

way to be political :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Doc Holliday said:

I got a nice Bissell for ya Richard!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Doc Holliday said:
Kiss ass.....

way to be political :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Secondary Fuel Burner!!! :twisted:

LOL Seriously, it was never a personal attack though.

shoot on occasion i am a 3rd fuel burner..... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

wonder if i could contain that methane somehow

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Three? :shock:

Doug now, remember TACT.

Time
Agitation
Chemical
Temperature.......but lets not get all happy with the heat....be reasonable Doug!

Crazy Fuel Waster! :p

:mrgreen:

Name
Bill Soukoreff
My experience is the exact opposite of Mike Drapers. Just goes to show its all personal preference at the end of the day.

I just switched from a 220,000 BTU propane heater that could put out 260F all day long. However, I found 210 to 220 ATW just perfect. I get that all day long from from my new Butler Max Heat and that is with 150ft of solution hose and a 10 flow wand at 450 to 500 psi. With 7.5 flow it will deliver 230F at the wand but I prefer more flow. Started off at 25F this morning and saw no drop in temps at the wand. I am interested to see what winter will bring. However, I am so looking forward to not having to refill the belly tank when its -13F. Best of of all I can park my extended van in my garage with no worries about propane. I have had three leaks on the belly tank fittings in the last two years. What a pain to get work done on those tanks. I don't think the dissimilar metals can handle extreme fluctuations in temps from heated garages to -13F.

Even if I have to sacrifice some heat this winter I would personally rather have the van nice and safe in my garage and be able to work in the cold with the van all sealed up, staying nice and warm and never having to worry about getting water or dumping all day long in the snow and cold. Here it is illegal to park a propane fitted vehicle in any commercial garages or buildings. While not illegal in a private residential garage, I still wonder if something happened what my insurance would have said.

After 4 years with a fire breather dual fuel set-up I do NOT think they are ideal for real cold weather use (I clean down to -13F) for the above reasons. I would never go back.

I am loving the performance of the Butler and the ease of using 2.5" hose with the new electric hose reel. It holds 100ft so nicely and pulls it in with no trouble. At max speed it is showing well over 550 CFM at 15 hgs. Bristor's CFM meter fluctuates from 570 to 590 CFM at the filter box. Even with a glide I am getting more of workout. With 200 fresh and 210 waste I am loving booking those big days and turing a higher profit the end of each day. And I park it in any standard residential garage!

Mike Draper

I will believe a butler putting thosesustainable temps at the wand when I see it on video. A blower can only produce so much heat. I don't even believe you could get a butler to spike that 220 heat at the wand, and talking sustainable heat? The physics just don't add up. To each his own though, and whatever works for you and makes you the most productive is all that really matters. As well, the factory specs show that blower is not capable of those numbers even when nothing is hooked up to it.

Ron K

[/quote]

an' i've burnt enough K1 to know that all you gotta do is POUR it and you stink all day![/quote]

Hope you never run out of toilet paper!

p.s. ran a Mastermatic over ten years know all about the green tank. I guess you never used kill-odor deodorant.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mike Draper said:
I will believe a butler putting thosesustainable temps at the wand when I see it on video. A blower can only produce so much heat. I don't even believe you could get a butler to spike that 220 heat at the wand, and talking sustainable heat? The physics just don't add up. To each his own though, and whatever works for you and makes you the most productive is all that really matters. As well, the factory specs show that blower is not capable of those numbers even when nothing is hooked up to it.

To sum it up Mike:
You seem to be very happy with your unit. Heat, warts and all.

God bless and take care.

Bob Foster

I run a TNT with a LG #4 in a Ford Econoline box van. The whole thing runs on propane. No problem at all.

My Isuzu (finally being shipped this week) will run diesel fuel but the whole back will be propane.

Most of the CDS units in my town - Cleancos and Hyrdamasters all run straight propane - no gas - no problem at all...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Thats ok here is one for ya....if i can get the loan for it...

I am going back to a truck trailer set up....

Truck will be Diesel

Machine will be gas

Heater will be propane

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: KMA cuz i wont care 1 bit shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom