Dual Fuel Vans

Credits
Name
Rob Grady
I am considering buying a gas/propane fueled Chevrolet van. Has anyone ever installed a Little Giant Heater to the existing propane supply, or would there be a need to have a separate tank installed to supply heater?
My question is, would there be enough pressure to supply both the vehicle engine and the heater unit?

Credits
Name
matt wood
Have you contacted a fuel heated truckmount dealer with this question? I'd give TCS in Atlanta a call and ask them. They're a good crew that should be able to answer that question.

Credits
Name
Ron Marriott
I am considering buying a gas/propane fueled Chevrolet van. Has anyone ever installed a Little Giant Heater to the existing propane supply, or would there be a need to have a separate tank installed to supply heater?
My question is, would there be enough pressure to supply both the vehicle engine and the heater unit?
We used to have a lot of those years ago. I worked for a company that had duel fuel vans and we ran lg's from the vehicles propane tank. Not sure how it was hooked up. I think it was a separate supply line and regulator from the top of the tank.

Credits
Name
Ron Marriott
Best to see a RV guy who does tank certifications. They should have everything you need. I believe the old units we used had a vapour connection that was separate from the vehicle connection. Not teed. It came from the top of the tank.

Latest posts