Dual Fuel Vans

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I am considering buying a gas/propane fueled Chevrolet van. Has anyone ever installed a Little Giant Heater to the existing propane supply, or would there be a need to have a separate tank installed to supply heater?
My question is, would there be enough pressure to supply both the vehicle engine and the heater unit?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Have you contacted a fuel heated truckmount dealer with this question? I'd give TCS in Atlanta a call and ask them. They're a good crew that should be able to answer that question.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I am considering buying a gas/propane fueled Chevrolet van. Has anyone ever installed a Little Giant Heater to the existing propane supply, or would there be a need to have a separate tank installed to supply heater?
My question is, would there be enough pressure to supply both the vehicle engine and the heater unit?
We used to have a lot of those years ago. I worked for a company that had duel fuel vans and we ran lg's from the vehicles propane tank. Not sure how it was hooked up. I think it was a separate supply line and regulator from the top of the tank.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Heaters need a separate tap coming out of the lp tank for vapor along with a proper vapor regulator.
The vehicle runs on a liquid tap.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Thanks for the replys. So I am reading into this that the supply tank would need two separate fittings, or a 'tee' to make it work?
A tee won't work. The vehicle uses liquid propane gas and the heater needs the vapor propane gas. Two different taps.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
No. The tank will have liquid and vapor in it. The vapor is removed from the upper portion of the tank and liquid from the lower.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Best to see a RV guy who does tank certifications. They should have everything you need. I believe the old units we used had a vapour connection that was separate from the vehicle connection. Not teed. It came from the top of the tank.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Go to your local propane dealer. He will fill you in on what is needed. It's very likely your tank will need to certified if any alterations are made.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom