Dual Wanding, what have you tried unit wise?

Mikey P

Administrator
Whats the minimum size blower you've tried Dualing with?

Savage says he can with a 45
Many manufactures imply that their 47s. 48's or 4.10 can by installing two vacuum ports.
Do you 59 Vortex owners do it much?

and then their is the true Dual King...Mark Saiger with his two Butlers. Could be the best option for a owner op in all reality, assuming you have an on the hook son in law willing to work 80 hours a week.

How about two Sapphire 370's, Prochem Legends or HM Boxxers in a Cab Over? Hook them together for long hose runs, keep separate for 150 and below. Joined water and fresh. Big reels...

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've dualed with my 47 a couple of times. It does ok at 100 ft. Haven't tried anything else. But, like I said on FB, if you run two man crews, and follow the IICRC guidelines, you can't gain any time by dual wanding.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Chris A

Name
Chris
Never dual wanded, just a wand and uph tool off my cds 4.8 which is totally fine

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Thereis no dual "wanding" with anything but an Arotech or an 870 SS, but I have found with my Pro1200 that you can run two rotary extractors with very excellent results.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Our customers with our 38 HP and #56 blower dual wand quite often.

We have a calibrated CFM meter lined up for a test session April 11th.

Testing a #47 TM with one and two wands for CFM is one of the ideas.

Might even test a #45 with the same combination.

Will get some accurate CFM numbers for several popular wands at different vacuum lift settings.

Reactions: Mikey P
J

JS41035

I use a pro 2000 with dual 45s and dual waste tanks. I really only dual wand big stuff. The vac is decent. The heat is ok. I've dual wanted with the 405. Not great. I wonder if dual zippers would be differnt. Both tools on the ground constantly.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well....I have the 47 Butlers....High Heat units....but

I have only dual wanded carpet....a little bit from one truck....

I have my equipment set up with what I would consider higher flow for the units (12 flow Prochem Titanium wands)

If I wanted to dual wand off it, I think I would have to go smaller wands, and of course less flow....

But, the cat water pump just doesn't handle the flow....and or the blower...

Also, my opinion ( and some experience) the lower flow in a lot of places I have cleaned....would be slower....and I just feel like I would be "Scratching the surface" more than deeper cleaning....

Now, I prevac, crevice tool, sticky tab and block and move most larger pieces of furniture such as couches and recliners....even sometimes beds, dressers (less than more thankfully), groom out the carpets....full meal deal.....

AND we make better time rolling with the 2 vans....

And there are just sometimes, we do need to split up briefly in a day, then meet up again for big jobs....

We have tried both, but we are faster with our set ups pulling the hoses off their designated vans vs pulling and hooking up...then wrapping up and squeezing it all into one van (which you have seen my vans....LOL)

Also, running the numbers, for us, we found we were making more money, saving some miles and hours on the rigs ( I know none of that makes any sense to a lot) and we find it helps us to pace ourselves through the day....

I am presenting on this at the Experience....and as my son in law has said...."he would never want to roll with just one van on large jobs....just stupid he says....LOL"

So, I don't feel we can be as effective trying to dual off one van (except for upholstery cleaning...that we do ok with)....

So....it is a matter of convenience with 2 vans as well as the vans capability....

Reactions: Donwand

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Oh....and here is another reason I like having 2 vans.....

That day sucked as we had a full day planned for being able to run 2 vans on the each site....

But at least we were not out of business and we still had happy clients that we could still make the appointments yet that day :)

2015-02-09 12.00.39.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
jhc, another fuel pump?

Hey Mark, out of curiosity, how many jobs can you do in a month during the summer?

That was the last fuel pump....Thank goodness...

Numbers per month....Of course we have some of those pesky minimums...that can still take an hour out of our schedule,

but there are days we will roll 6-10 places per day....depending on anticipated square footage, and extra work such as upholstery, Tile & Grout....

and we will work mainly Mon-Fri....and very occasionally a weekend....but I have a number of Sunday night commercial gigs....and even some during the week....those happen a few times a month....some months maybe nothing for evening work...

Today we got done around 5 pm (starting at 11 am in the field) and did 7 places...but this was an easier day

We try to average $700 -$1000 per van per day.... (of course hoping for the high side :) )

When rolling in the Summer slamming months, we are doing around $1000 to $1800 per van.... (Monday, it is looking like a $3800 day of carpet cleaning for the 2 vans and the 2 of us)

This past few weeks....we have done maybe less jobs....but the size of the jobs have been big....and some more technical requiring a bit more time...;.

Another Problem is....MN weather can be so fickle....and mess us up pretty quick....and you make half your goal....

We do our own scheduling, so we can do a lot of adjusting while even out in the field....that's how we took on that extra $810 job yesterday....and thankfully we had someone postpone :)

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

11am to 5pm you did 7 jobs!?

omg.......

I feel real slow now!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yes dual wander with many machines, and dual wand with our vortexes regularly.

the 59 spun at the speed it is running on the older Vs Plummed correctly are just beasts and run very strong.

With the switch over to a 5cp 6120 and you have enough 210+ water to really flush and clean well but quicker, while recovering a greater percentage of water pu down.

Hook some zippers up and make a killing every time.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Savage not only sez he can dual wand with a 45, he does it, and does it quite well every day.

I know just about all of you doubt it can be done, so send someone here (Dayton, Ohio) to get a demo of how it can be done; even using 200' of vacuum hose.

Surely you've got a MBer close to me that is willing to find out if I am telling the truth, since no manufacturer seems to be able to do it.

Think of the joy you will get if I am wrong.

Reactions: Mikey P

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm about a year or two away from a new truck and I'm going back and forth on whether to jump to a dual wand unit (AT or a 650 in a box) and wondering if it's worth it for the three months a year or so that we would actually use it, or would we be better off just running the second truck (which I already have) when needed. I would hate to buy a new truck only to need more in a year or two

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's a tough one Chris, I could make a case either way. In fact we have gone with the big (PC 805) and now prefer two trucks.

One truck that carries enough hoses and equipment for two setups is going to be tight unless you're in a box van. With the box you can seat a 3 man crew but in general if the job is that large that it requires two setups, it will probably need 4-5 technicians. (Back to 2 vehicles)

With two van's you can go in at two separate entry points. In general carry more technicians, equipment, hose, water and have more recovery capacity.

With 2-vans you have the ability to do two separate jobs at the same time. You also should have one truck still running should one of the two go down for repairs.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom