Dual wanding

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Maybe 5%, however we do it on most big jobs. Sometime
when dual wanding I think you need a 3rd Person to keep jugs refilled and manage hoses. Without the 3rd person I usually end up working my arse off. We dual wand the most when doing larger churches.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
We dual wand just about every job, somewhere around 98% of them. It's just plain more efficient.

I can't believe those of you who are able to dual wand, only do it occasionally.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
every time I can even it is only to clean a living room, beats standing around watching another person pulling carpet

that was the reason for buying the vortex

Last edited:

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I thought that I would a lot, but I didn't. I found it didn't save much time on residential work, which is most of my work.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's an inefficient use of time in most ordinary circumstances that I encounter. I'd rather have my helper prevacuuming, pulling hoses, moving furniture and prespraying ahead of me except in large commercial jobs, two story houses, combination carpet and upholstery jobs, etc.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We used to do it a lot but now we send two trucks, more water, more recovery, easier to manager the hoses. On really big projects we will run dual's off our 805 and support it with other units.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
It's an inefficient use of time in most ordinary circumstances that I encounter. I'd rather have my helper prevacuuming, pulling hoses, moving furniture and prespraying ahead of me except in large commercial jobs, two story houses, combination carpet and upholstery jobs, etc.

You have a slow helper. Drew will start vacuuming upstairs while I will put glides under the items needing to be moved and lay out blocks and tabs and bring in dripods as well as spot some areas. Now I start pulling in hose and start truck, hook up water hose and do red stains as needed, etc, you get the idea. I will have two set-ups ready before Drew finishes vacuuming. I have the set-ups laid out as to who will finish first and how they roll back up on the truck.

I will pre-spray some areas, crb if needed, but have a multi sprayer and a hydra-force ready. This is more than enough for most houses.

Clean carpet and roll up hose as needed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom