Dumb "Arse"......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I guess it happens when you're older and in a hurry. I did a quick "ghetto" job yesterday. While I was in the house, I looked out and water was pouring out of the back doors. All I can think was " hose break", or worse! Ran out to the van and.....

.....I left the APO hose in the van, and the pump was switched on. I always switch off the APO, except for this job, I guess! Then turn it on after I get everything set up.

At least only the back 1/2 got wet, and I parked on a hill to finish draining it out. But man did it stink from the first job of the day which was human urine!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Becker said:
At the end of my apo hose I use a brass hose cap.

So when not in use the hose is capped.

But Don....you're younger and you remember more than me.....I'd probably leave the cap on and blow out the pump.

I actually stow the hose end right in the roof/side rail at the top of the van. That way, it's higher than the pump and the tank. But that don't mean a thing if I leave the friggen thing on!

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have done that twice now. One was no big deal but the other one was on the worst cat pee jobs ever. The van was filled with cat pee running out of every door........... :twisted: :oops:

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I resemble that comment. thathurts It's happened to me as well(but then I'm getting a bit on the older side to). My discharge hose has a plastic male hose end on it. I then use a cap like Becker to keep it from dripping out in the van. On the occasion that the pump is inadvertently left on with the hose still in the van the hose end will pop off instead of harming the pump.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom