Dump Valve

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
It's past time I replaced the 2" brass full port ball dump valve on my TM. It leaks while in the off position. Is this still the best thing going? The pvc valves are hard to turn. Has anyone ever rebuilt the bass ones?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shane T said:
Is this still the best thing going?

"I" think so
Price them at plumbing suppliers before you run down to Lowes or HD to buy

Never rebuilt one ...I simply replaced .
if you want a cheap fix in the mean time, buy a rubber stopper with the wingnUt .
It'll keep the carpet nectar from dribbling in the truck

..L.T.A.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
KevinD said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/APOLLO-BALL-VALVE-CF8M-2-inch-STAINLESS-STEEL-/320801824404?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab1475e94
That doesn't look like a full port valve. I don't think the SS would last any longer than the brass since the ball and seat are the first thing to wear out.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Just replace it with another brass. PVC are cheap but like you said they are very hard to turn. You don't want to wish you had put in a brass.

If it leaks bad now get a raquetball and stick over opening after you run it up to cleaning speed. Open dump valve and place ball over it to plug it.

Just remember to close vavle before shutting the unit down and catch the ball. Otherwise your shoes are gonna get wet. Don't ask how I know. lol

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My Genesis uses a "gate" valve. I'd have to pull the tank loose to change out the valve...not enough room to spin it off and on. If mine leaks, usually a good flushing cleans it out.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A good valve costs $65 to $75 (chances are your truck mount came with a good one) and the repair kit costs $15 to $18. Easy repair. A cheap valve will cost $45, but is even easier to replace.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
My PVC valve's been leaky for a while. I need to unbolt the machine and lift up to unscrew the valve :|

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Heathrow said:
My PVC valve's been leaky for a while. I need to unbolt the machine and lift up to unscrew the valve :|
Usually . . .

you can take the PVC valves apart, to install without having to unbolt the machine.

Larry

PCCN

machinejjh said:
Honestly, just replace it.

Agree. Much more trouble to rebuild. Takes 15 minutes to completely replace and you don't end up cussing as much at it either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom