Dustin's box truck/AT shelving, storage and insulating adventure :P

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
well a little update

All those changes plus cutting a piece of 1.5" reflective insulation to press into the side door when parked has worked wonders!

Lots of -40 + nights with extreme wind chill.

2013-12-08153518.jpg

Last weekend though for two nights we had a freak temp drop to -55 and -59 the next day. The manifold that then splits to each pressure line was a little frozen...man that was cold out.
The city had a bunch of water lines burst all over.

I probably should have turned bother thermostats up for those nights :icon_rolleyes:

Put a spare quick connect on the pressure line, dropped it in the fresh tank and then put the blower under load. In a mater of minutes she freed her self and I was cooking with gas

Wrapping the reels and along the door sure helps too for travel and when the door is open
2013-12-08221146.jpg

Last edited:

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Ive thought about having a Zip up wall behind the side door, some kind of industrial fabric, like tent material or something. you open the door, and can unzip to get to the hose reel or control panel.

This way when you roll the door up, all that cold air doesn't rush in. and helps keep some of the air out while driving.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Billy

Name
BH
We use silver bubble insulation on our reels when really cold. Of course our coldest nights don't compare to most areas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom