Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Interesting job that we just got in. High-rise condominium building just outside of Washington, DC. They have 19 floors with dark brown carpet with stripes running through it. These hallways and are almost as long as airport runways! They have beige sections of carpet interspersed throughout the hallways and want them dyed to a dark brown to match the color of the dark brown in the patterned carpet.

They also have bleach spots throughout the patterned carpet on every floor.

We will be doing this job after Christmas. If anyone would like to join us to observe our process, you are welcome to do so. Just shoot me a message.

IMG_7150.JPG

IMG_7140.JPG

IMG_7141.JPG

IMG_7142.JPG

IMG_7147.JPG

IMG_7149.JPG

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Great that you have such a rewarding job Chris. I think that once it is done, they may have buyers remorse. I think they feel that the light carpet soils fast now but the idea originally was probably to increase light in the hallways. Going to that dark brown is going to change that drastically. Not your problem but I think I prefer it the way it is. Please share your after pics with us so we can see the difference. You can probably send your kids to college with that job alone.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
@Cleanworks

I actually recommended to them that they upgrade the lighting in the hallways if they're going to go with a darker color. We'll see if they actually go for that.

Should be a fun job, though. I always wonder where all of the naysayers go when I offer them to come and observe these lucrative jobs. :headscratch:

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
That last one looks as if they already have accent lighting installed.
Would be cheaper to put in a few more to make that one blend in with a pattern.!!! JKing.:biggrin::biggrin:

MR CLEAN

Name
MR CLEAN
Interesting job that we just got in. High-rise condominium building just outside of Washington, DC. They have 19 floors with dark brown carpet with stripes running through it. These hallways and are almost as long as airport runways! They have beige sections of carpet interspersed throughout the hallways and want them dyed to a dark brown to match the color of the dark brown in the patterned carpet.

They also have bleach spots throughout the patterned carpet on every floor.

We will be doing this job after Christmas. If anyone would like to join us to observe our process, you are welcome to do so. Just shoot me a message.
I'm in let me know location dates and times

Reactions: Mikey P

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
We got the go ahead for this job. We will be doing a sample area for them next week and will begin the project the following week. If any of you would like to join us to observe the process, let me know. We'd be happy to have you join us .

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
We got the go ahead for this job. We will be doing a sample area for them next week and will begin the project the following week. If any of you would like to join us to observe the process, let me know. We'd be happy to have you join us .

I dont know that I would ever have have the market for this but it is very intriguing to me and is only about a 3 hour drive. Let me know date and time and I'll see if I can get free.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I'd go, but the Oz buck is at an all-time low & can't afford the airfare.

+ I'm still booked out for another 2-3 weeks. :(

FYI Chris, watching your video on the dark blue carpet that had protection on it, your voice is all but drowned out by the porty in the background.

:yoda:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Slow down there pardner...I thought you had a 3 month back log list.

You wouldn't skip all those folks that have been patiently waiting in line just to go after a bigger fish...would ya? Would ya? :eekk:

Ohh the shame! :winky:

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
I dont know that I would ever have have the market for this but it is very intriguing to me and is only about a 3 hour drive. Let me know date and time and I'll see if I can get free.
I'll keep you posted. As I said, next week we'll just be doing the sample area. The following week we'll commence the entire project. Would love to have you (and any others) join us.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
We got the contract. We dyed the sample area for them today. They loved it!

If any of you would like to join us on this project to observe the process you're welcome to do so.

IMG_7514.JPG

IMG_7515.JPG

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
When I used to do whole room dye jobs, I placed dye shields all along the wall to keep from getting dye on the woodwork and walls.

Do you also do painting?

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
The pic was taken before my technicians had cleaned up the walls. Sometimes we use a dye shield to protect the walls. Most of the time we simply wipe them down with a rag that's been dampened with bleach.

I left my technicians to do the cleanup. Job turned out just fine. Walls were clean when they left.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The pic was taken before my technicians had cleaned up the walls. Sometimes we use a dye shield to protect the walls. Most of the time we simply wipe them down with a rag that's been dampened with bleach.

I left my technicians to do the cleanup. Job turned out just fine. Walls were clean when they left.
OK, if that works for you. I would try to protect the walls and base before the job so I wouldn't have resort to bleach in removing dye where it isn't supposed to be, especially if I weren't there to personally do it, or at least to supervise.

What if they use too much bleach? Will it remove the carpet dye? It would certainly remove color from the adjacent carpet that you are not dyeing.

Is this dye an acid base, or does it entrap.

How long do you guarantee color staying put?

Are their new regs on cleaning the dyed carpet so as not to remove color?

Just curious.

Thanks

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
OK, if that works for you. I would try to protect the walls and base before the job so I wouldn't have resort to bleach in removing dye where it isn't supposed to be, especially if I weren't there to personally do it, or at least to supervise.

What if they use too much bleach? Will it remove the carpet dye? It would certainly remove color from the adjacent carpet that you are not dyeing.

Is this dye an acid base, or does it entrap.

How long do you guarantee color staying put?

Are their new regs on cleaning the dyed carpet so as not to remove color?

Just curious.

Thanks
Again, sometimes we use dye shields. Sometimes not. Depends on the job and the color we're using. But we'll always ensure that the walls are left clean when we're done.

The techs (obviously) need to be sure to keep the bleach rag off of the carpet.

We are using our acid dyes which are manufactured exclusively for us and branded with our name. We guarantee our dyes to be permanent and colorfast for the life of the carpet. Carpet can be walked on, steam-cleaned, etc immediately after the dyes have been applied. There will be no color loss whatsoever.

Here's a brief video that demonstrates the dyes:

IMG_6558.JPG

Reactions: Bob Savage

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom