Economy vs Premium

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Brian R said:
[quote="Ron Werner":mxpvt679]what do you add for Pet Treatment?
are you meaning for odor spots?

Huh?

James/Hoody, I wouldn't put furniture moving in my packages. But that's just me. If you send two guys....then maaaaaybe.

Moving furniture is an insurance issue if you ask me. All my work is open areas...But I will push a sofa around if needed sometimes.

Put in your packages what most want anyway...Pet Treatment and Protector...The Pet Treament could be "Pet Treatment OR Deodorizer" or something like that.[/quote:mxpvt679]

For me pet spotting isn't that big of a deal, if its only 1-3 small spots. Obviously if its an extensive pet damage job, that is quoted much differently, and the homeowner is told this before we get there, that each job is different and will be quoted on site. I've done it the way you're describing and had a better response with furniture moving and protector application. Most just want traffic patterns cleaned, but I will vacuum underneath their furniture that I can move when I pre-vac.

Furniture moving is easy, but I'd rather focus on cleaning, but there are just some that have allergies or have moved their furniture around before having their carpet cleaned that it really needs to be done. From a liability stand point its just part of the risk of doing business. You take that risk everyday, but if you charge enough so you can take your time you lessen the chance for a mishap. In 8 years cleaning carpet I've only broke 1 cheap lamp.

To each their own, more than one way to skin a cat in this biz, and mostly there is no wrong way - except bait and switch of course. 8)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I hear ya.

Although, I've done the furniture moving thing...even with 2 guys it can double the time on that job so charge accordingly.

I would venture to almost double the cleaning price (depending) when moving moderate to plenty of furniture.

Even with small pet spots they might go for the pet treatment to "make sure" or just freshin everything up. It DOES depend on the severity of it.

Protectant seems to be the one add on everyone can agree on....except for the guys who just don't believe in it.

So other than furniture moving or pet treatment...What would be another good add on to a package?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
If you were doing water damage I would take my thermal imagining camera, and do energy audits. I tried it before and some loved it - that is when I was associated with contractors or we were a contracting company. A lot of times I found what might be the presence of water, after more investigation, we were able to render work for them. Or we sold window replacements, ect ect.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
So other than furniture moving or pet treatment...What would be another good add on to a package?

I;m going to test a product I saw at the home show, its a fire retardant. It leaves no residue but will prevent the fabric sprayed with it from catching fire. Might not even be something people are interested in but I'll test it on a old couch and see if it works.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:

I;m going to test a product I saw at the home show, its a fire retardant. It leaves no residue but will prevent the fabric sprayed with it from catching fire. Might not even be something people are interested in but I'll test it on a old couch and see if it works.

Video? :shock:

Hmmm...maybe something to sell for drapery etc. Can you spray it on walls as well?

Carpet? No...upholstery? Maybe.

What are you plans as far as applications go Ron?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just what you were thinking Brian, draperies, uph, anywhere where a fire could be potential.
The fire extinguishers looked like they work light years ahead of normal extinguishers, no mess to clean up and the fire is out super fast and little heat or after smell.

Here's the neat part of the technology, apparently it works by using encapsulation.

There's an odor control line as well I want to test. Not very expensive either.

The company is called Firefreeze out of NJ. http://www.firefreeze.com

This is the Fire Block, he sprayed his arm with it and never singed a hair, nor did he feel the burning heat. I never personally tested it that way :roll:
th_MOV_0974.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom