EDDM noob.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
At .17 cents a piece, seems like huge potential with the right piece.

I just got invited to a free webinar to take place on 11/20. I've never done EDDM.

I'm hoping Chavez and Duebell will chime in. I really like the clean, simplicity of some of the pieces I've seen them post.

What neighborhoods do you target?

What time of year?

How many should I send?
Really just looking to spark some extra work this Winter. Last Winter was TOUGH.

Do I need this webinar deal? It's sponsored by FCCS (Full Circle in KC) and Legend Brands. Seems pretty legit.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

The Clean Machine

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm just trying to keep the Kid sort of busy.

We've grown this year so I don't expect it to be quite as tough as last year but it was BAD. Not sure I'm ready for another one.

I HATE banging on doors and the phony hobnobbing that goes on at a lot of these business groups. I just can't do it.

I haven't had much time in the last 6 months to "sell" but I'll have some time coming up.

The Clean Machine

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Its closer to .25 cents with printing, design. Sort of expensive actually.

I use it for a very specific objective. The goal is couple calls a day for kitchen floors 400 sqr ft or bigger.

Reactions: Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
6.5x9 EDDM Eligible
14pt gloss coated cover with UV (C2S)
.07 per piece to print & ship
17.6 Mail

Yes that's a very good webinar put on by Legend brand. Nothing negative to it a few offers but all worth listening to.

Whom to? Pick your target clients by selecting those neighborhoods in that zip code that fit your target client.

Age, Household income.

EDDMPresentation3_zps17b1e788.jpg

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
couple things you should if considering this.

First look for a high end cardeck that sends out postcards lumped together. The cost will go from 20 cents to around 5 in a deck.

Second you could try and find a partner in another service industry to co-op with you. If sending a very large piece both you and a window washer could be on the same piece cutting the price in half.

And finally, plan to send the same piece to the same homes 3 times. being repetitive is far more successful than one shot wonders.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Really want to do it for 1 year, hopefully forever actually.
To the same target.

This way you can rotate services throughout the season and test messages.
My suggestion would be to budget X for 2015, find a designer and map out a calendar for the whole year.

Takes time for you to figure out the right value proposition for that specific target and which services are best.
I would start small but consistent and work your way up as you learn. Want to be thinking about what materials to these homes have, what services do they need, what is important to THEM.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Run a winter special and begin to develop a group of customer that use you for that.

We do ours 2nd week of January to March 15. Keeps our trucks moving and the lights on.

The usps is easy to use and you can print a manual.

EDDM is great to target high end carrier routes.
It is based on mailing to a carrier route and is cheap if you are targeting direct mail into the home.

Shane's right it is expensive if you are not targeting.

Richard has a really short slide presentation he gave that is helpful. If you promise to ship him some BBQ from Hickory Park he might bite.

Always look at cost per thousand when comparing media or print.

Packets are great if they are not price driven. Few are.

DO Not GET IN PACKETS WiTH PRICE DRIVEN COMPANIES!! It will kill you

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris A and Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom