EDDM those of you that have used it...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Those of you that have used EDDM have you used printers like Vista print or Gotprint to print and mail or a EDDM marketing and printing company. Or did you do it yourself?

What number of drops with the exact same piece and what number in the drop?

I have a Spring piece I'm getting together.

Thanks! :icon_cool:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
This year we are doing around 5k month give/take, just started working with a new designer that prints also.

Probably will have him sort and we will drop off at the local post office for that area.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Bruce
This year will be my first year for EDDM, we've talked with a local printer that will sort and we will drop off. I'm would like to send out 1000 a month for starters.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
We have been using it for the past year. I use some of my own designs and the rest I get from John Braun's program. I have used Gotprint for years because youcannot beat the price and quality but now I also get another 10% off gotprint going through John's system. I have used this marketing for generating new area rug clients and it works very well for reaching the neighborhoods you want and a good price.

Reactions: tmdry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree Gotprint is cheap yet you get very high quality at a great turnaround. Its especially fast when you can pull up your account and reorder cards or a brochure. I just reordered a brochure last week and it only took a couple of minutes.

With the EDDM zip code tool, I like how you can drill down to select neighborhoods within the zip. I may handle the first two drops internally and see what a pain it is before letting them do it.

Thanks David. Good to see you again out at MF-10! :icon_cool:

Name
Bruce
We have been using it for the past year. I use some of my own designs and the rest I get from John Braun's program. I have used Gotprint for years because youcannot beat the price and quality but now I also get another 10% off gotprint going through John's system. I have used this marketing for generating new area rug clients and it works very well for reaching the neighborhoods you want and a good price.
Have you noticed a difference in number of jobs between your cards and Johns ?

Ron K

Do you always have a call to action with a discount for your best response with EDDM ?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The main purpose of the mailing was to announce a new service, so one side is dedicated to that service. We did offer a Spring cleaning discount on carpet and air duct cleaning on the other side, as you mentioned.

I like the David's offer. A free rug cleaning should stir up some business, I'd have just wanted to do it early at the beginning of the winter for busy work.

Last edited by a moderator:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ron here is a sample of the cards I used. they are 6.5 x 9 eddm

View attachment 4100

View attachment 4101

I'm also part of John's program, I have had them changed to my company info as well, but have not had the chance to send it out, we hired a new office admin and she'll be taking care of it along w/ the office manager.

How has your return been w/ the free area rug cleanings cards?

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
mailed out 2139 twice to the same neighborhood 30 days apart. The two mailing brought in $2976. The cost of the eddm postage was $672. Can't remember the cost of the cards but its dirt cheap.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I think that's why many haven't really tried out the campaigns since they only bring in a 3-4 to 1 in return on average. When I spoke to John's partner, he told me that's about their average return as well. It's not a bad return but you're only targetting a neighborhood vs a geo map area for the cost.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Shit I'll take a consistent 3:1 on new clients all day every day! We are working on our card now I'm looking to get the first one out in a couple weeks if it ever quits snowing

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Becker

Name
Becker
3-4 ROI is not bad for a new client, a good cleaner can see that number climb with repeats and referrals.

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Are you happy with John's program in general?

I have several questions about his program, but I did not see a phone number to call.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
yea you have to email him Jesse not sure why he doesn't put up a phone number. He is good about following up from email

Reactions: realclean

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Your never going to hit a homerun with any generic template.

If we want to break through then we have to come up with values/features that customers want. Also test specific hot buttons to find which ones people in that specific target will respond to most.

Never going to get there with "but wait there's more...."

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Your never going to hit a homerun with any generic template.

If we want to break through then we have to come up with values/features that customers want. Also test specific hot buttons to find which ones people in that specific target will respond to most.

Never going to get there with "but wait there's more...."

I agree Shane, but if you never do anything(as in my case) you'll never get anything.

Thanks David, I will try to email him.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I wish I could do that.

I usually put my thoughts down in Publisher and then send it to Philip Newell and he makes it 100 times better. He deserves the credit, not me.

My shit looks like...umm...shit. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Shane I am in no way an expert on marketing and rely on others who do know what works. John Braun does have a degree in marketing and a successful cleaning business. All of Johns pieces are tested and for the average cleaner who does not have time to design mailing pieces or have the know how, you can't go wrong with his stuff.

Reactions: hogjowl

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
David, all we can do is share our experiences and offer opinions. People have to decide for themselves, the more information we can give them...
The better.

They dont teach that in business school btw, more like joe polish university.
Which is fine...

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Very true Shane. In my experience most guys put too much time into the design. I think that if you just mail something out there consistently it will work. Just make sure you have the marketing basics covered. I used to get so caught up in the design and never got around to doing much mailing. Now i just get stuff that is pre done and go with it. It's easy to over think this business.

Speaking of Joe P. I did pick up a great tip from him once. Although I was never a big fan of his this one thing has helped a lot. He talks about cleaners that send out a flyer or PC and get good results then move on looking for another "good" marketing piece. He says to keep using that piece if it's getting results. (Keep going to the well if there still water in there) it is so true. I was guilty of that.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Completely disagree and feel the opposite actually but thats cool.
What we will do is have our main routes {say 5k } then will test on a couple smaller routes. Why? looking for some homeruns, i already know what will get me to average or below average.

This year i am rollin the dice with some of bill yeadons ideas. Check back with me in early summer.

PS. of course polish is going to tell you to stick to 1 card.... Hell, he creates 1 card then sells it for 20 years :errf:
No wonder the guy is loaded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moser Brothers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom