Electric Blower Hmmmmmm

FredC

Village Idiot
roots 33 ....connected to 3hp electric motor

stick with the porty

fastest it could turn at a respectable 12" is 1800rpm....for a whopping 70cfm.....before losses

might pull a 100 cfm with no restriction (plumbing/hoses/0")

T

Tile Professional

I actually believe that PD blowers are more efficient than vac motors because they don't "slip" like vacs do.
Porty makers give the unrealistic numbers when they rate their units.

For example a porty might have 200" of lift AT 0 CFM of air...what good does that do.
They also will tell you that their unit will pull 300 cfm AT almost no lift.
See they don't tell you the last part. When you rate them the same way that blowers are rated they will get like 75 CFM @ 12" Hg.
I would be willing to bet if somebody slapped a motor on a bane clene that needed 2 20amp cords it would whoop most other portys with its small blower.
Drew

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So the guy is so smart that he took a 33 blower and electric motor off a Bane Clean and put it in his truck?

Another video shows him using that POS rotovac upholstery tool and thinking he's so hi tech.

Give me a break.

Connor

Name
Connor
That was about a useful as talking about gross hp. He "felt" the suction right off the blower.

Connor

Name
Connor
Jimmy L said:
So the guy is so smart that he took a 33 blower and electric motor off a Bane Clean and put it in his truck?

Another video shows him using that POS rotovac upholstery tool and thinking he's so hi tech.

Give me a break.

Jimmy, you forgot to call hims a PMF!!

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Yes but we all know the true way to measure suck is the "hand over the hose trick" never fails........this guy has got it down. :roll:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
That's Wayne of Red Carpet Care, in Louisville, Ky.

He has some good ideas, regardless of what you all think.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I would be more impressed if he used it as a "Booster" and hooked it up to a second vac port to his waste tank, for increased recovery and speed of cleaning, thus saving allot of gas.

OR put it on a CART (I.E. The Prowler) and could bring it closer to the job for shorter hose runs.

F

FB7777

Thats fine for a short experiment.

Back when I ran Bane Units, I had to PD blowers on the truck and would run them together with a Y connector off separate circuits

If they weren't hooked up to 20 amp breakers one or both usually would trip after awhile... especially on 100 foot or longer hose runs

At least with my setup , you only needed two outlets to operate the equipment including the water pump.

I tend to agree with Ashley... I beleive an ETM works better using a booster to bring the vacuum closer to the cleaning head

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
How about the brand new Dual 3-Stage vac booster with Pump-Out:

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=4973

We have been playing with one @ 500 ft. cleaning distances for Truckmounts.

It has outperformed 2.5 vac hose in some initial limited testing.

At 49#, it weighs less than the substituted 2.5" vac hose.

Part of the advantage is the removal of the solution throughout the 500 ft. of vac hose.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom