Electric Truck mount ???

G

I know a lotta people aren't use to that electric truck mount concept; I 2 cords for machine(less than 30 amps combined; 1 for 2000 watt heater 50 ft away from wand; when I am at location with no power of course i use a generator; and a propane heater; other wise custy doesn't care about electric; they just want their carpet clean.

My operating cost is only gas to propell my hehicle to jobsite.

It takes an adjustment in operating; but after about 2 or 3 days when you realize don't have to spend $90 on gas 2 to 3 time a week you say to yourself; Dries as fast, just as fast cleaing, and great suction. Hmmm; not bad!!

P.S. Generac makes generators that run 440 amps on a plug set; Gonna look into getting recoil made for europe power; so generators not a prob for whatever your needs.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

In reading the above, I think gasaxe is on to something. To my knowlege no one has produced the "frieght train" concept into electric truck mounts. A 220v direct motor can only prduce how many HP, in comparison with the frieght train Hybrid concept? A big difference. Perhaps Judson could re-invent their unit to do this. Then when the 220v is available, it could run directly off of it......

Thx,
Dale

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Dale said:
Hi guys:

In reading the above, I think gasaxe is on to something. To my knowlege no one has produced the "frieght train" concept into electric truck mounts. A 220v direct motor can only prduce how many HP, in comparison with the frieght train Hybrid concept? A big difference. Perhaps Judson could re-invent their unit to do this. Then when the 220v is available, it could run directly off of it......

Thx,
Dale

Bob Savage has used the diesel powered electric motor train comparison for some time, I think also that Odin is working on a top secret project.

I run 40-45 amps of cleaning power on a Vangaurd 18 HP generator and when I turn everything on the motor doesn't even notice the load. It uses 0.75 gallons of fuel. I can run all day and even on hot days, it stays way cooler then if I was running a PB blower.

gasaxe

Bill Soukoreff said:
Dale said:
Hi guys:

Thx,
Dale

Bob Savage has used the diesel powered electric motor train comparison for some time, I think also that Odin is working on a top secret project.

I run 40-45 amps of cleaning power on a Vangaurd 18 HP generator and when I turn everything on the motor doesn't even notice the load. It uses 0.75 gallons of fuel. I can run all day and even on hot days, it stays way cooler then if I was running a PB blower.

what does the system use for vaccum?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I don't like to compare electric vacs with PD blowers. But if your understand their limitations they perform very good. I have two large case 7.2" at the truck with very small waste tanks that each have their own APO which pumps into a larger waste tank. I have them both running parallel with 2" hose each to a filter box that Greenie modified for me. I can run 4 to the door as well with this combo when needed. No inline filter. They produce 230 CFM or 11 HG lift completely sealed. Then Bob Savage's inline booster will add another 170 CFM.

The small waste tanks do make a difference IMHO with electric vacs. The vacuum is very responsive. I never seem to clean more than 175 ft, so this system works well for me. I also have a Savage heater which is pretty amazing, easily can hold 260F at any amount of flow you can through at it. I run at 230F most of the time. Pressure is 0-1200PSI, but I usually run at 400-500.

I should add that the 14" greenhorn (or 12") is the only wand I would use with an electric TM. Water recovery is so much more efficient.

I came off working on a PC Everest for 1.5 yrs before I put together this electric TM. I have to say I am not cleaning any different or slower. In fact, I have more heat than the Everest now which gives me a little more speed due to not reaching for the spotters as much. Again, keep in mind, this is with under 175 ft of hose which is my only experience on either machine. I do miss the big waste tank on the Everest, but I wasn't so lazy I could use the APO on the job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom