Electric Truck mount ???

ErikG

Another member sent me pics of a vac booster and in the link there was a elec. TM any of you have one ....

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I bet it takes Six or Seven 20 Amp Circuits to make an electric truckmount that has the same power as my old White Magic. One for the Pump, Three for the Vac and Three more for Heat. I wounder if they would work better in Europe where everything runs on 210?

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
ACE said:
I bet it takes Six or Seven 20 Amp Circuits to make an electric truckmount that has the same power as my old White Magic. One for the Pump, Three for the Vac and Three more for Heat. I wounder if they would work better in Europe where everything runs on 210?

I bet you're not to smart either.

Like Odin said, "you have no idea".

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My electric has a 500psi pump, LP heater and great vac with 2 15 amp cords.

It's the way of the future for residential cleaning if the gas prices keep going up.

Works for me and no carbon monoxide.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If they made a bad ass TM that used electricity, I would buy it.
It will be here some day but from what I have researched...it's not here yet.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's not necessarily the final "clean" that is the question. It's the efficiency that is the point.

Until they come up with an electric that offers the speed and convenience of a gas powered TM, I'm gonna keep buying gas.

The two electric weeny, bulletin board hucksters can kma.

Greenie

I know one thing for sure, whenever I'm on the phone with Vincent Sapp, his retro-fitted Bane above has his 14" wand screaming, I always ask, what is that noise? Oh it's my wand, listen....wet.....dry...... It's very impressive when you think there are couple of hamsters in the truck workin' their arse off.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
How about the MasterBlend range ???

The TRUCKFORCE 3500

TF3500 features: maximum vacuum performance for carpet and upholstery cleaning. Three two-stage vacuum motors, in-series, provide over 190" of water lift (14" of mercury) and 100 CFM. All vacuum connections and piping are 2" in diameter to maximize airflow and produce fast drying times with 100 feet, or more, of 11/2" vacuum hose. Each vacuum motor can be independently operated, so that single or dual vacuum operation is always available for cleaning upholstery and delicate fabrics. The 1.5 gpm 500 PSI pump is EASILY adjustable from 50 to 500 PSI by the pressure regulator on the control panel. The pump is powered by a 1/2 horsepower high-efficiency, dual capacitor motor.

tf_3500x200.jpg

With all plumbing at 2", I don't know why one would use 1&1/2" vac; hose when 2" would give better airflow.

Hooked up to an lpg heater, this would be a fairly formidable machine for a lot of knowledgeable operators, that know how to get good results without running a lot of hose.

It's also an auto fill / auto empty machine, if one were to put a pre-filter/submersible pump in-line on the vac; hose, waste water could be diverted to a waste point before it ever gets to the machine.

Oh yeah, Europe, Oz and a lot of other places run on 220/240 volt, 50hz power, so two leads are usually not a problem.

Another good thing about potties is the security issue when working in premises on your own and you want that door locked.

Ooroo :roll:

G

I love the hampster analogy; Man everytime I go to work now I will tell helper to spank the hampsters; lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:; Opps now I gotta learn how to say that in sign Launguage; Darn It!!!

P.S. I really like that Truck Force Machine; It has a lotta features; I may look at adding one to my truck for certain types of jobs; Porties sure are getting a lot more power and can do really good hose runs; I added a generator and booster; Usually leave both in vehicle; unless my hose go past 200 ft I never need the external booster.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
admiralclean said:
It's not necessarily the final "clean" that is the question. It's the efficiency that is the point.

Until they come up with an electric that offers the speed and convenience of a gas powered TM, I'm gonna keep buying gas.

The two electric weeny, bulletin board hucksters can kma.

I hear ya

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
10 years ago we built Century 400 portables with:

1. 210" of lift and 100 CFM (Three 2-Stage Vacs) & 2" Vac Inlet

2. 500 PSI @ 2 GPM (Hypro Pump w/Teflon seals)

3. Pump-Out System

4. Auto-fill System

Don't see much improvement............

Larry

Also built some electric TM's for former Bane users.
Power was hi-effic. 2 HP and 3/4 HP motors.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I have the masterblend truckforce 3500, i run 2" hose with it with 2" wand.
!!!ITS A FREAKIN BEAST!!!

Keep Pets away from it!!!!

Seriously almost sucked up a kitty cat the other day, another inch and it was going to be a gonner!!
it was gonna go head first to, i thought it was funny as hell, custy didnt think so much. told them to keep the cats locked up until i was done. would have been a mess.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Dave Yoakum Wrote:

It's the way of the future for residential cleaning if the gas prices keep going up.

Burning LP Gas gives off no carbon monoxide? LP Gas is Free and the cost will not go up as with all fuel? I guess I really don’t know anything. I bet you guys are tripping circuit breakers all the time. Hey, If they work for you and your customers are happy, great! Just don’t think they are they are on the cutting edge of our industry but, what do I know.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
ACE said:
Dave Yoakum Wrote:

Burning LP Gas gives off no carbon monoxide? LP Gas is Free and the cost will not go up as with all fuel? I guess I really don’t know anything. I bet you guys are tripping circuit breakers all the time. Hey, If they work for you and your customers are happy, great! Just don’t think they are they are on the cutting edge of our industry but, what do I know.

And White Magic is? :shock:

Bob Foster

ACE maybe do a search through Mkey's Board and you might come to a different conclusion.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
So what are the power requirements of an electric TM?
Do you run a 100-200ft power cord into the house to a 110? or 220 circuit?
Does it have a generator on board the truck for power?
Does it have at least the same abilities as a 47 TM, ie the CanAm for heat and distance?
etc etc

steve r

i consinstantly pick up work from the big gas powered truckmounts whos work leaves a lot to be desired. i hear how it looked ok until about a week later or it stayed wet for two days.
also how they wont return for recurring spots.
i see red stains and urine stains that the customer was told could not come out.

for me its not about the power of my truckmount but about making the customer happy and keeping more money in my pocket.
my products dont leave residues or should i say i dont leave residues behind.i take the time to get out all stains and let them know to call if theres a problem after i leave.yes my dry times are about 24 hours for many but not all jobs but that isnt their biggest concern.its about how the carpets look in a month or two after cleaning and of course my charming personality. :wink:

i run a 100 ft 12 gage extension cord to a 20 amp breaker usually in the kitchen, garage or outside.it does make a big difference if its only 15 amp or a 14 gage wire in the home.its 110 only.i use a 33 blower and my pressure gage is pegged out at over 200 psi.
i carry another 100 ft extension which i can plug in my heater which i usually preheat my water at home with and get enough heat to make my wand hot enough to turn my hands red.i rarely use two cords on a job unless i didnt preheat the water or really want the extra heat.no generator i use only their electricity and i havent blown a circuit in over a year and can get 9 in. of mercury without bogging down.at 10 its starting to strain and will bog downbut that only happens if the cuff is off the wand and seals off completely. i can get some carpets to pull off the floor too not total lockdown but i get good lift or good enough.
also i never run more than 150 ft. its all i carry and have never needed more.i also use a 175 and releasit and a 15 cimex for prescrubbing.these are my main tools that and a pf62 vacuum.

my jobs stay cleaner longer and most of my customers rave about my work not all but most.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
As far as My no carbon monoxide comment. I should of said far less carbon monoxide.

Tests conducted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency show that propane vehicles produce 90 percent less carbon monoxide than gasoline engines.

Far cleaner that gasoline. The main emission is water vapor.

I don't blow circuits, LP cost around 20 bucks around week, 500 psi-450 when wand is keyed, over 200 degree water. Less vibration + noise, Dependable,Almost no maintenance. -Works for me!

gasaxe

i guess that electric your burnin didnt produce carbon emissions.... :roll: or maybe you got solar panels and wind generators on top of your van???

what the average per hour cost of electricity that a "pimped out" electric truck mount uses??

I dont think most of my retiree custys would like to see electric cords running outside to power equipment. Most of them go behind me turnin off lights and fans..LOL

I am assuming your out of the market for empty rental property that has no electric on.

although a rarity what happens when power goes out? do you hang around and wait for it to come back on?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Using a portable in residential especially in cold weather climates equals fogged windows in the house.

And anytime there are pet issues involved you will have a pissy smelling house due to the vac motors blowing it back into the rooms.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Dave,

Sorry, I stand corrected. Burning LP Gas can be free of carbon monoxide if there is a perfect oxygen to LP ratio. How many gallons of water per min. can you cycle at 450 PSI? Once you get used to using equipment it’s easy to start thinking it’s the only way to go. I thought slide-Ins was the only way to go, tell I discovered direct drives. I’ll try to keep an open mind.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
0-1200 PSI, 240-260F, 14" 5-02 Jet wand. The heater can cycle over 4 gallons per minute.

I do choose to use a generator, just because I don't mind using 0.75 gallons per hour. I like having the option to go electric if I wanted to (with a 500 PSI pump). Fully loaded up (40 amps), my 18HP Vanguard does not even notice the electric load.

I am cleaning faster than when I used the PC Everest, as I get more steady heat and don't have to go out and keep the machine from over heating every time I wanted to clean stairs! :D

I went electric for reliability and like being able to fix anything with a short time. Not expensive to stock a few extra part when needed.

There is company in my city who have two Steamways just sitting in vans for the last year. They got tired of spending $600-800 on fixing them every month. Now they only use a Cimex and OP! :shock:

Is electric for everyone? No. But if you like to walk to a different beat, then I say go for it!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
admiralclean said:
ODIN said:
clean at 200 to 500 psi and get 0 to pure steam at the wand with ht3 little giant

OH MY WORD! He's drunk again! :lol:

He could not be drunk!
Look at the syntax.

More then one word per sentence.

Definitely not drunk.

gasaxe

so would a diesel/gas electric hybrid be more fuel efficient than all diesel/gas???? something similar to a freight train..... what kind of kva would it take to drive a roots/md 68 urai and a 5cp cat?? maybe a propane genset and little giant???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom