Electric Truckmount --- Your Price: $65,000.00

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
$65K :shock:

I'm not a manufacture, but what the hell could that TM be made of to have a price ANYWHERE near that?

..L.T.A.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I love how they used a very low resolution photos (looks like a picture from a smartphone) plus they only include 2 pics.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
first of...where the hell are you going to get 480 to run that thing...

second...480 volts 3 phase motors like this have to be phased together...so in other words..you can not wire this thing up with 3... 120 volt cords and think that you are going to run it....it just isn't going to happen...and god for bid the idiot that does it and for some reason a breaker trips and the motor starts single phasing....better have a fire extinguisher...sitting close by...

the L.A. to get that thing running will probably take out a entire house...

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Jim Martin said:

second...480 volts 3 phase motors like this have to be phased together...so in other words..you can not wire this thing up with 3... 120 volt cords and think that you are going to run it....it just isn't going to happen...and god for bid the idiot that does it and for some reason a breaker trips and the motor starts single phasing....better have a fire extinguisher...sitting close by...

buzz kill 8)

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Becker said:
Royal Man said:
My electric truchmount with far more stainless was less than 65K or even $6500.
Dave have ever posted a picture of this marvelous machine that you have?

img1327540357127.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Martin said:

says it's designed as a "stationary" unit, Jim.
It mentions coming from a "train station"

ain't one you take on the roAd
But would have limited use ..like a rug plant or RV dealer, etc..where you can bring Mohamed to the mountain

..L.T.A.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
cool, haven't seen 480 volt 3-phase since my feed milling days. You haven't lived till you start a 480v 300 amp pellet mill at 5:30 in the morning.

Seriously, some manufacturers are smoking a serious brand of design crack. Funny thing is most municiple power companies will charge a premium just to add the 480 to the existing supply. If you can't accomplish enough lift and cfm with 50 amps of 240 you should have you shop privileges taken away.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Didn't Butler offer an in-plant unit many years ago for high rises? I swear there was a unit offered (not 480 volts, though) back in the 70's-80's.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Jim Martin said:
second...480 volts 3 phase motors like this have to be phased together...so in other words..you can not wire this thing up with 3... 120 volt cords and think that you are going to run it....it just isn't going to happen...
You are correct, and even if you could, it would still be single phase power - not 3 phase.

3 phase is only available at industrial and heavy commercial plants.

You could use a phase coverter, which converts single phase to 3 phase, but that would not be practical.

Obviously this was made for permanent installation in a place that has 3 phase power available.

I had this train place call me about an electric machine for cleaning train cars and such 2 years ago, but I never heard back from them.

Maybe it was this same place. ...lol

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
more like this....

s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow8Unmr9ziIs]

we had a bad storm in MN one year and it took out half the plant I was working in...when the power came back on it surged some of the 3 phase motors and they started single phasing.... there was fires and people running every where....it was a night to remember......

John Buxton

I think it's designed to be installed in a train yard to clean sleeper cars. I cleaned several Amtrack cars years ago. Really really dirty, all that diesel exhaust from the engine gets pulled in the fresh air intakes on the cars.

The Amtrack workers hated us because we were non-union. I can see the yard spending 65K just to shut them up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom