Electroweeniemount on steroids

Mikey P

Administrator
download

"High Performance Mobile Electric Surface Cleaning Plant With Rechargeable Electric Energy Storage System". The invention relies on a rechargeable lithium battery power pack and regenerative braking. It is the World's most fuel efficient carpet cleaning machine (burning less than .29 gallons per hour of fuel) and recharges itself while driving between job sites through regenerative braking.”

comparison chart:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19oV ... GqfIw/edit

My initial questions?

Who will build it?
How many proprietary parts?
How many units do you let get sold and tested before you would buy one?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I seen the drawing on this......I think I will pass on this one.........

Mikey P

Administrator
Jim as a former electrician can you clue us in to the diagram and what the number may represent?

Is this for real or just an attention getting publicity move?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is supposed to be a...... High Performance Mobile Electric Surface Cleaning Plant With Rechargeable Electric Energy Storage System". The invention relies on a rechargeable lithium battery power pack and regenerative braking. It is the World's most fuel efficient carpet cleaning machine (burning less than .29 gallons per hour of fuel) and recharges itself while driving between job sites through regenerative braking.

I am not seeing any thing that is really telling me anything..just comparing the cost with the new electric unit against 4 others..no real hard facts...I was looking at the drawing for a few days...things are numbered but there is nothing to indicate what they are...a lot of wetricity..running threw it..

Mikey P

Administrator
what would be your guess as to what percentage of the set up would be proprietary?

Do Battery Plus stores sell rechargeable lithium battery power packs?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
not sure if they sell them that big or how he plans on setting them up to charge in between jobs..from trying to figure out the picture I think that if there is not enough charging distance then you have to plug into clients home to keep it running (?)....it seems like it is the take off of the electric cars that you have to plug in now and then but will charge them selfs some if you are driving...but it is hard to tell from the picture...

not knowing what all the components are in the picture ......10 to 15%....(?).....most the stuff I can make out and figure out what it is going to do..but there are a few things on there I have no clue as to what they are....still being in the patent stage I would not figure he would show all his cards as of yet..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
dealtimeman said:
We are a decade away from this being a reallity because of the cost of the battery pack cost

going to be a big price tag on this one.......

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Funny I have never seen this. But I mentioned the idea to Brevik last week and he said that the cost of batteries alone it would make the system way to expensive.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Lithium is so 1990's.

Every mechanical to electrical conversion loses 30% of the power, and vice versa.

The production of electricity has near equal environmental effect to the IC motor otherwise used.

The bulk of TM noise comes from the vacuum production, whether the unit is gas or otherwise.

Perhaps the inventor could pursue a design to make use of compressed hot air, which seems to be abundant?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
His main embodiment relies on an electric host vehicle and tieing the vehicle's battery pack into the cleaning machine. Good luck getting the vehicle manufacturer to go for that! Regen braking can recover a little energy, but not nearly enough to recharge between stops. A single 15A circuit is also not nearly enough to recharge in a timely manner.

He really doesn't want us to know what #20 is - my best guess would be a water flow sensor to control the electric heater to save energy.

The battery charger and management system, maybe the motor and various sensors might be proprietary. The battery pack will be as well unless he hijacks an off-the-shelf vehicle pack (warranty?).

He also mentions adding a generator for extended cleaning, making this a hybrid machine.

No mention of an inverter, so the motor is probably a shunt-wound DC motor like you would find in an electric forklift. Just like the portys, you still have to replace brushes!

Other than control strategies for saving energy, not sure I see a lot of patentable ideas...

Back
Top Bottom