Elementary School bathroom Tile and grout

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The janitors gave up on cleaning these bathrooms and said they need to hire a professional. They called me and want me to schedule it in. I'm assuming there's a good mix of bleach and dried piss all over the floors, so should I start with an acid treatment or do an alkaline cleaning first, then acid? I'm going to look at it this thursday and I'll take a few pics then. Just assume the floor is trashed

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
tile & grout is impossible to clean properly with a janitor slop mopping it

so it might not be as hard as your imagining?

gas station bathroom, mix of urine and quat detergent slopped over it.. it really stunk

high pH carpet prespray with peroxide soak.. good enough
20180419_111910.jpg

and you've got access to tile & grout products stateside that I don't

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

gas station bathroom, mix of urine and quat detergent slopped over it.. it really stunk

View attachment 95517

I've cleaned hundreds of tile and grout floors, just never school tile floors that the janitors gave up on.

Reactions: Hack Attack
Name
Jeff T

View attachment 95517

My gawd Dan, I can smell that all the way up here in Canada... yuckers....

Reactions: Hack Attack

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’d rather clean that double layered leopard piss soaked carpet with Damon than mess with that cluster fook
I'm charging way more than what Damon could charge on that slumlord job. They will be paying 3times what I normally charge on tile plus the cost to seal it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
After I strip and scrub and rinse...Can I apply acid to this type of tile if it still looks rough?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
It don’t 95% of the time. What I would do if it does is use a square scrub on the spot that still look bad, but I’m the janitor and I have it🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I have all of my restrooms in my 3 schools on a power wash cleaning monthly. Floors, walls, stalls. I am the outside #professional. None have quarry tile in them though.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’m having nightmares. Matt and I are in the same boat. I had to walk off a job this week and rescheduled it for next week. Going to strip it with bonesaw, then suck it with a shop vac, then clean with my tile spinner. God this sucks. And i will be charging $1.25

434CD7AE-448D-4CB5-AFE4-3C9AA3C73308.jpeg5EB2C766-638B-49B4-9969-EE9B52C933C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I want to be prepared for anything. What have you done when it still looked like crap after you striped it?
blame their lack of maintainance and put them on a schedule. It took time to look like that, it will take time to improve (set expectations)

floor stripper with good dwell, 175 with black pad, tile spinner rinse, if grout lines look they need attention then use gecko single jet wand

based on the pics I'd rather do yours than Damons

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've been watching youtube "how to" videos on the best way to restore quarry tile and I'm flooded with those dirty british accents.

I've been looking for something in those videos that say I can use acid treatments on this type of tile to remove salt deposits. So far, no go. But most of those videos are idiots who didn't use HWE to flush out the grout, so I think the Brits are idiots

Reactions: Jimmy L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom