Email Marketing Advice

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Do you market your customers through email? if so, what is the frequency with thich you do this? Weekly? bi-monthly? Monthly, Quarterly, Annually? All of the above?

Which tends to yield better results?

Mikey P

Administrator
Try sending out an email with just some announcement. ( new employees. Community involvement , looking to hire sort of stuff with no mention of any sales or specials and see what kind of feed back you get

Works good for us.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have not, mostly for due to my reluctance to do so.

I hate getting sales emails, it's not too bad if the frequency is kept to a minimum. I get tons of them.

I however if your clients said it was OK to contact them I guess it wouldn't be so bad.

dgargan

We have about 1200 emails from our client base. You need to be careful how you use this. We send about 2 a month and most of the emails are educational based with a small promotion. Make them short and informative .
I suggest you start out using www.mailchimp.com. It's free, easy to use and you can track everything.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
We use to send out a company news letter monthly, (worked great) but got really expensive with thousand of clients, switched to E-mails and response tanked! To easy to delete and people hate business E-mail IMO. We also were only able to collect maybe 20% of our clients E-mails as we started doing it so obviously that hurt as well. We still collect them to send thank you's, but that's it.

We now are using a text reminder program and I bet this is going to be golden! our clients are very open to it and we explain how it works to them at the end of ech job.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Vivers said:
We use to send out a company news letter monthly, (worked great) but got really expensive with thousand of clients, switched to E-mails and response tanked! To easy to delete and people hate business E-mail IMO. We also were only able to collect maybe 20% of our clients E-mails as we started doing it so obviously that hurt as well. We still collect them to send thank you's, but that's it.

We now are using a text reminder program and I bet this is going to be golden! our clients are very open to it and we explain how it works to them at the end of ech job.

Texting? Don't people find that intrusive?

dgargan

Your response rate will be small from email marketing. You will only see 12 to 18% open rate but thats OK. Your name will appear in from of them twice a month even if they just delete the email. The goal is to keep your name in front of them.

dgargan

I was using constant contact. MailChimp works just as well and its free, up to 2000 address's. I also forgot to mention in my other posts emails do not take the place of paper newsletters. Use both.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
David is the Chimp just for phone's or PC's too.

How did you like Constant Contact, was price the reason you switched? or did you have problems with them?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Juice said:
David is the Chimp just for phone's or PC's too.

How did you like Constant Contact, was price the reason you switched? or did you have problems with them?

http://mailchimp.com/features/

We’ll help you customize your signup form to match your brand, so you can share it on your website and integrate it into your Facebook page.

You can even collect signups from an iPad or laptop.

And importing an existing list into MailChimp is a snap, no matter how it's formatted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom