Employee Evaluations, How Often?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
How many times a year do you complete employee evaluations?
We are at 2x times, 1 big yearly one and another shorter follow up in 6 months.

What does it look like?
Any examples?

Will see if i can post one later...

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
New hires get 30, 60 90 day review. Then twice a year there after. Do a combo of rating scale evaluation and comments. We rate the employee and have them rate themselves using the same form. Most of the time it's pretty close, but there are times it's very eye opening the difference in ratings.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We do 2 per year.

I meet one on one monthly with all techs to go over monthly goals.

We meet twice per week for all staff meeting.

Daily fast start conversations prior to departure.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Im afraid I' have to fire myself if I did this : )

Sometimes being an O/O is jus pure hell !

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yearly. We used to do it every 6-months but it seemed like they thought after every evaluation they received a raise. :neutral:

They are evaluated on: Cleaning ability of: Rugs, Upholstery, Air Ducts, Carpet Cleaning, Water Damage, Mold Remediation, Biorecovery also Attendance, Reliability, Attitude, Productive, Quality, Interpersonal, Independence, Communication, Judgement, Supervision.

Although now they are unofficial meetings, they are actually evaluated more frequently. Its more off their actions that dictate a meeting when they rise above or fall below the expected norm here. Whether merit or discipline, its really up to them to standout. Those that can take on more responsibility and are rowing in the same direction can move up and are paid more than those that don't want any more responsibility.

The better your records, the better they can understand why you see them where you do. Keep track of their customer comments, their attendance and any meetings had with them.

I was amazed 10-years ago we met with a technician to notify him of his final warning for attitude and quality of workmanship only to find that he thought we were calling him in for a raise. :icon_rolleyes: Our fault, we had not told him where he stood. We had met about him frequently but never with him.

The more often you communicate with them on how they are performing, the more satisfied you will be with their work. It doesn't have to be formal it doesn't always have to be negative to have a meeting. And when it is a disciplinary meeting make sure its not an "all meat sandwich". Start out positive, then give them the negative and end with some positive. It will go over much better than a beat down.

Don't just love employees? Yes....most of the time I really do! :icon_cool:

how about boss or owner Evaluations
Terry I score off the charts.....I think I need a raise! :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shane Deubell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom