Encap after hwe for commercial carpets?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Anyone encap all/most commercial carpets AFTER hwe?

I've had my last call(from someone who hasn't cleaned in years) about commercial carpet being blotchy after cleaning. The blotchy spots are most likely from previous cleanings or minerals from the concrete.

Obviously hwe then encap is the best of both worlds, if I think there is going to be an issue we do both. However, it seems when I don't think we need encap, it turns out blotchy.

Just thinking about doing both on most jobs(that need it) from now on.

Anyone else encap most commercial jobs after hwe?

Thanks guys.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I wouldn't HWE unless it trashed or at the beginning of a contract.

I'd encap it only although if you think it's too soiled for encap then go over it with a pad first to pickup all you can prior to encap.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Try using Pro's Choice Crystal Rinse as your extraction cleaner encapsulates as it dries I've used it with good success

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Encap after HWE only if special circumstances. If you're leaving the carpet blotchy on jobs you don't follow with encap there's something wrong with your HWE procedure. Or maybe it's encap residue.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Padcap and get the best of both worlds. Extraction with the pad and Encap.

I used to post bonnet clean sometimes and that worked well.

With all said... You should be able to HWE without issues.

Padcapping is just easier and I think it generally looks better.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
RGH269 said:
Try using Pro's Choice Crystal Rinse as your extraction cleaner encapsulates as it dries I've used it with good success

Pro's Choice doesn't have Crystal Rinse. I think you are referring to a Magic Wand product of the same name. Sounds similar to a Vacaway product or maybe I'm thinking of Release it.

http://www.magicwandcompany.com/fiber_r ... inse2x.htm

Maybe I'm mistaken,
Bill

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I was reffering to Last Step it used to be called Crystal Rinse some time back.Never used Magic Wand products can't say.

K P

I do Jerry,with bonnetts w/without a little encap..really is a good finishing.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Post bonnetting with a misting of snake oil does a great job of leveling out the appearance and preventing wick backs.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Thanks guys.

"If you're leaving the carpet blotchy on jobs you don't follow with encap there's something wrong with your HWE procedure."

Bryan, you are kidding, right?
It's pretty much a given fact that many times commercial carpet doesn't clean up as well after hwe. That's why people encap it! Well, that and it's super cheap and everyone wants to work as fast as a rabbit.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I have encapped many carpets after hwe. In some cases I do it on residential looped carpet when the carpets are really bad. In commercial settings in some cases when I first get the account I will hwe then follow with encap to give them an amazing appearance.

And for the guy that says I am doing something wrong when the carpets look blotchy after hwe.... Your clueless!

John Watson

for 30 plus years I would have catagerized my services as 90% HWE. Yes I used the Bonnet and shampoo systems occasionaly, But HWE was our problem fixer and if I needed a combination of processes I built it into the cost. In 1990 I was privaliged to see a commercial carpet that no matter what you did with the HWE process it looked like hell, The only thing that made it acceptable was a product/system called Ultra Dry (Paul Lucas) which was a basic pad cap using your + & - in your cleaning solutions. I wouldnot have believed this if I had not seen this with my own lying eyes... Don't ya think it's better to work wit a full tool box compared to a 1/2 empty one missing tools of our trade??

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
There are times when encap use after HWE would be appropriate, either to hide a permanent traffic area or to keep a carpet looking cleaner between regular cleanings, but since we rarely have to reservice commercial carpet after HWE cleaning, doing a routine encap would be a waste of time and money.

And for the guy that says I am doing something wrong when the carpets look blotchy after hwe.... Your clueless!
There's more for you to learn padawan. Leaving carpet "blotchy" after HWE does indeed mean you've missed a step. But, maybe encapping everything after HWE is faster than thorough HWE cleaning. !gotcha!

bigchuckie

I have a set of Senior centers that insist every fourth trip be HWE The FM director was a former CC'er in the 70's and knows all there is to know about CC'ing :x

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have not seen much difference between HWE followed by encap versus HWE followed by a regular dry bonnet, picking up the extra moisture.
Neither in the look, nor with any wicking problems.

As a matter of fact, my experience is more like Bryan's: Most times CGD is just fine with HWE if one follows the right procedure. Don't spray too much of the juice (if you prespray.) Don't spray too long in advance or let it sit there too long. Reduce pressure. Follow with extra dry passes and do pick the overlap horizontal and vertical.

Now if you want fast, that won't do. The results however are usually great.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
idreadnought said:
Hey Richard,
If Bryan is "clueless," I'd love to hear how you'd describe the rest of us dumb asses :p

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dUmp more gUnk on it..is the popular answer to poor technique :roll:

we'll OXIDIZE BLEACH THE CHIT out of everydamthing too while we're at it :lol:

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom