encap and sg question

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
doing a string of strip clubs that want to be cleaned and protected..they have never been maintained so the first cleaning will be a hw then i want to encap from there..lots of drink spills

is there a encap with protector in it? i know stupid question but you dont truly know unless you ask it.

i always figured encap to pretty much be a protector because it encapsulates the fibers?

i am a releasitdc user now

thanks

Name
Steve Lawrence
I believe you're already using a product that has a protector called "Soileze" or something like that. Check the bottle.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Thats the one I would use. depending on the carpet possibly post HWE on the first time

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
All encap has "protector" in it. The main difference between shampoo and encap shampoo is the encap shampoo contains fluorochemicals to keep it from attracting more soil. I don't think adding more fluorochemical to the carpet would hurt, but that's a question for the encap chemist's to answer.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I would apply Soil-eze after doing the HWE bit, this would help protect the carpet until the next maintenance clean.

Then use Releasit DS for future encapping which has the in-built protector.

:very_drunk:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
i am a releasitdc user now

thanks

didn't like Cobb's "film former" shampoo?
(or whatever Cobby calls his pixie dust juice)

to go along with Gilly's question,...maybe someone could fill me in.....given the nature of how the encrappo juice makers tell us it's works, how could any traditional carpet protectors work??
either in the juice or applied immediately after a scrub??

..L.T.A.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Encapuclean with Maxim has protector included. In addition to protector, it includes acid dye resistors to help protect against liquids with food color such as Gatorade, Kool Aid and so forth. As far as I know, it is the only encap product which includes the acid dye resistors and protector.

All encapsulation products use polymers that form as the product dries. This can be fluorochemical polymers but usually are a different type of polymer. The polymer does provide some protection against resoiling and spills. However, an encap product is made to release or break off from the fiber and be vacuumed away. This may take several vacuumings, but eventually the encap is gone. The protection does not last as long as standard fluorcarbon protectors (Teflon, Maxim, Scotchgard, etc.).

In order to form the film or crystals, the balance of raw materials (ingredients) in the formula can be pretty touchy. Adding something to an encap product can cause it not to work properly.

If you cleaned with encap and then followed with a standard fluorocarbon protector, the protector would work well at first, but as the encapsulation product was vacuumed away the protector would come off with it.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thanks guys..

i am going to post another thread titled

is this ok to encap with pics of the carpet..

i have been encaping with a cimex for many years and never had a problem..i have cimexed many different including colored
carpets but this stuff in the strip joint has florescent glow with the black light highlights in it..

the manufacturer told him to have it hwe and follow up with protector..the guy wants it done min ever 30 days if not every 14 days..

he has 2 joints and they are pretty sizable one baing over 3k sqft..cimexing would be the bomb over hwe..mostly just drink spills (alcohol) and other creepy
stuff that glows with a black light lol

thanks

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Some have protector built in (one step clean and protect) others have it added for "marketing purposes", others have polymer of sufficient quality so that they do not require it. Some think all encapsulation products contain protector becuase they tend to not resoil but thats just because the residue they leave behind is benifcial rather than an unfortunate side effect... Honestly, if you want to save yourself some time hit it with a water based protector (generally speaking compatability matters - stick with your brand) immediately after cleaning and with a solvent protector after its dry.

Anyway, if you have questions give me a ring... 812-595-6333

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
thanks guys..

i have been encaping with a cimex for many years and never had a problem..i have cimexed many different including colored
carpets but this stuff in the strip joint has florescent glow with the black light highlights in it..

the manufacturer told him to have it hwe and follow up with protector..the guy wants it done min ever 30 days if not every 14 days..

he has 2 joints and they are pretty sizable one baing over 3k sqft..cimexing would be the bomb over hwe..mostly just drink spills (alcohol) and other creepy
stuff that glows with a black light lol

thanks

Big red flag. That type of carpet because of the way it is designed to glow with uv light can be very tricky. If you add something to the carpet that also glows then you will ruin the effect of the carpet. I vaguely remember someone cleaning a bowling alley with similar carpet and he had a big issue with it. Some hopefully can chime in here.

One thing I would def do before encapping is do a test spot. Somewhere inconspicuous. that way if it does create an issue, it won't be a huge issue. Actually I would do a test spot with any method I used including adding protector.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
All encapsulation products use polymers that form as the product dries. This can be fluorochemical polymers but usually are a different type of polymer. The polymer does provide some protection against resoiling and spills. However, an encap product is made to release or break off from the fiber and be vacuumed away. This may take several vacuumings, but eventually the encap is gone. The protection does not last as long as standard fluorcarbon protectors (Teflon, Maxim, Scotchgard, etc.).

If you cleaned with encap and then followed with a standard fluorocarbon protector, the protector would work well at first, but as the encapsulation product was vacuumed away the protector would come off with it.

lemmie see if i understand all that, Scott
The dirt slurry left w/fluorochem in the mix lasts a little longer than the dirt slurry left with other polymers used in encrappos?
but if a fluorochem is sprayed down on top of damp dirt slurry w/regular encRapoo polymer ...it'll last no longer longer than regular dirty slurry mix?

if I got all that right....

i won't get into the ethics of selling a pret'near useless add on...for the soul purpose to add on profits....
but it might get a bit uncomfortable for the cleaner if a custy that paid 1/2 of what the cleaning cost questions why the stuff ain't working worth a crAp 2 weeks after applied

naw'mean?

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
thanks guys..

get some LEG shots too:winky:

On a serious note
(and i was 1/2 serious about leg shots)

Rich mentioned something that could be pretty serious
if one knew what the mils used to make it fluoresce, that may give insight on what can and can't be used

Is this new carpet getting it's first cleaning??
I'd be most concerned if so
Less concerned if it's been cleaned several times before

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom