Encap virgin …

aaronjumps

Name
Aaron Brown
Has questions. Be gentle, its my first time …

I am bidding a small school that my predecessor did for a few years before selling me the business. It is a total of about 25k square feet. He HWE it every time and said it took his around 7 days total with and RX20, a wand, and a helper.

I talked to the maintenance manager and he is open to encap. My questions:

A. Is encap safe for schools, especially for pre-K and Kindergarten when they spend alot of time on the floor?

B. What equipment do I need? I have the truck mount and all the truckmount things, but I don't have a 175 or a CRB, but do have an RX20. Can I put a pad driver on the RX20 and achieve good results? I am open to getting an OP machine, but there is a a janitorial supply house locally that rents 175s and I am hoping that will work.

C. Have you found good results encapping in a school setting? None of the carpets are particularly dirty, and those small areas that are really dirty can be HWE.

D. How do you price encap vs HWE? My predecessor did it last summer for .19/sqft and I am thinking .20 or .21 for the HWE but what should the price be for the encapped portions?

D. Based off of your experience, what questions am I not asking that I should be asking?

Thanks for your help! I planned on asking a-lot of these questions in Boise but need to get this quote in before that event.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Has questions. Be gentle, its my first time …

I am bidding a small school that my predecessor did for a few years before selling me the business. It is a total of about 25k square feet. He HWE it every time and said it took his around 7 days total with and RX20, a wand, and a helper.

I talked to the maintenance manager and he is open to encap. My questions:

A. Is encap safe for schools, especially for pre-K and Kindergarten when they spend alot of time on the floor?

B. What equipment do I need? I have the truck mount and all the truckmount things, but I don't have a 175 or a CRB, but do have an RX20. Can I put a pad driver on the RX20 and achieve good results? I am open to getting an OP machine, but there is a a janitorial supply house locally that rents 175s and I am hoping that will work.

C. Have you found good results encapping in a school setting? None of the carpets are particularly dirty, and those small areas that are really dirty can be HWE.

D. How do you price encap vs HWE? My predecessor did it last summer for .19/sqft and I am thinking .20 or .21 for the HWE but what should the price be for the encapped portions?

D. Based off of your experience, what questions am I not asking that I should be asking?

Thanks for your help! I planned on asking a-lot of these questions in Boise but need to get this quote in before that event.
Who is doing the vacuuming? In order for encap to work well, the carpets need to be thoroughly vacuumed to remove as much dry soil as possible. I don't think encap residue is anything to worry about. I would use an oxy encaps with an orbital machine like the Phoenix with microfiber pads. Will go quickly and you will make money. At $.20 per sqft, that one job will pay for your machine.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
price encap same as HWE

encap is a lot faster than HWE wanding, and way way faster than HWE with a rotary

Considering you say it doesnt look bad. Ask previous owner why he ran the rotary instead of wanding?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ask previous owner why he ran the rotary instead of wanding?

if I understand, only HWE.
He (previous guy) and a wing man running RX-20 and wand.

Aaron, if you've never run a rotary, I'd suggest you try to rent a cimex if you're planning full blow scum 'n run encRap.

if rental rotary is your only option, run bonnets not fiber pads.
(less chance of you fooking up the carpet if you keep the bonnets wet/soaked)
and you'll actually remove a minimal amount of scum

Have you ever run a rotary before?

..L.T.A.

Reactions: aaronjumps

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Yes yes and yes. If you’re paying for the business
I’d use the truckmount and RX 20, if you’ve run a 175. Or just wand it. But if you want to OP it, it’s safe. I do all of the above in my 3 schools, including pre-k’s and nurseries.

aaronjumps

Name
Aaron Brown
if I understand, only HWE.
He (previous guy) and a wing man running RX-20 and wand.

Aaron, if you've never run a rotary, I'd suggest you try to rent a cimex if you're planning full blow scum 'n run encRap.

if rental rotary is your only option, run bonnets not fiber pads.
(less chance of you fooking up the carpet if you keep the bonnets wet/soaked)
and you'll actually remove a minimal amount of scum

Have you ever run a rotary before?

..L.T.A.
I have been initiated in the world of floor buffers by the Navy in the mid 90’s, but have been running the RX20 daily for a month I have owned the business. I didnt tell the previous owner about my buffer experience amd the poor guy was expecting a shit show the first time I operated it, he was disappointed.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I have been initiated in the world of floor buffers by the Navy in the mid 90’s, but have been running the RX20 daily for a month I have owned the business. I didnt tell the previous owner about my buffer experience amd the poor guy was expecting a shit show the first time I operated it, he was disappointed.
I still wouldnt run a rotary unless needed (scrubbing and flushing both needed) I'd be inclined to look at HWE with a wand or encap

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’m sure he was, but it is still a little different than a 175. But, good for you. If money’s not an issue, I’d get a low moisture machine of some type for maintenance purposes.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I do a 5000 air traffic control with lots of spills 2 or 3 times vlm,

I like pre spraying Crb, then striped pad on a orbital machine, I used a 175 it was way more work.

17" Microfiber Scrubber Carpet Bonnets | 6 Pack Amazon product

I happened to use carbonated cleaning solution and it worked great for vlm.

But I've also had great success with release it too.

Name
Swani

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I do a 5000 air traffic control with lots of spills 2 or 3 times vlm,

I like pre spraying Crb, then striped pad on a orbital machine, I used a 175 it was way more work.

17" Microfiber Scrubber Carpet Bonnets | 6 Pack Amazon product

I happened to use carbonated cleaning solution and it worked great for vlm.

But I've also had great success with release it too.

That says they are unavailable. I tried to order from Excellent Supply, but when I was at checkout, estimated shipping was àround $500.00 usd.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: SamIam and Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Reactions: stack wins

steve_64

I'm certain they do. But I said HWE SHOULD be the only option

My local janitor supply has a CRB setup they sold to my local schools because they'd rather waste money and pay 3 superintendents than use the money to properly maintain their buildings
They should have sold them a portable for spot cleaning between cleanings. They should already have a buffer and pad driver for scrubbing.

We cleaned our schools ourselves with a portable twice a year. Threw a powder on vomit spots and vacuumed them up. We would use the porty if it didn't all come out.
It's all pretty simple really but it's equipment and manpower that for some reason we shifted away from.
We use to vacuum daily with pile lifters too. One school we had 5 and they all would get dumped twice a night. One of my first legal jobs. I lied about my age at 14 and actually started selling Christmas cards out of ads in comic books at 8. Collected pop bottles at 5 lol. A lot of them.

School carpets are loaded with filth because they have one or two people do the work of 7 with homeowner quality equipment.

Without proper vacuuming and removal of dry soil the method we use doesn't matter so much. Maybe.

steve_64

You’ll be proud to know I hwe mine in the summer. At Christmas and any other time throughout, I encap.
I remember my boss telling me about snake oil salesmen pushing bonnet cleaning to him.

I ended up working for a Chen dry in my mid 20s. That was my first experience with it. There certainly is a large market for it.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I was able to add it too cart

Screenshot_20220511-110110.png

Name
Nate W.
Amazon ad say not available if you expand it
They seem to be back in stock.
I was able to add it too cart

It goes based on your address.. 48 states it'll send.. Hawaii unavailable.. If I use a friend's address in Las Vegas, it'll sell and ship..

I'm sure you being in Canada is the real issue.. When I search for things, a lot says unavailable but if it's a 48 state address, soo much more options show up.. It is what it is..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom