Encapping with a 175

Name
Evets
Got a huge commercial job coming up this weekend. We only have 1 cimex, so I'm thinking about using the 175 to encap as well to speed things up a bit. I know it can be done, but we don't have any experience using it for encap. Questions: which pad do we use, and should we use the chemical feed (175 has tank) to apply the chems or spray down with the Multisprayer? I have some of the white with green stripe pads already.

Name
Matt Middleton
Grey or brown buffing pads, 3M 3300 or 3500. Shower feed. I can go much faster with the 175 than the Cimex, but take more muscle and skill.
Ditto. We ran a 175 for years before Cimex. Great results just different tools. The Cimex looks "exotic" to clients rather than the janitorial appearance of the 175. My 2 cents.

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Honestly, what I like most about rotaries is you don't have to push back and forth like a lawnmower, kicking the cord as you pull backwards. You just move forward while swinging machine to each side.

What I don't like about rotaries is how they look... image does matter.

If the Bonnet Pro Mini Max wasn't 5k, I'd own one or two. At 220 RPM, you could easily match Cimex production, maybe even faster since you can dance with a Rotary.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I use a 300 rpm rotary with green striped bonnets.
Used it to "One hand" it all across a banquet room today.

I use my 5 gal battery sprayer that I put a 100 psi pump on.

HOSE IT OUT BABY AND GLIDE ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE ROOM BITCHES!

But first I used my 18 inch HOOVER Conquest to vacuum it all!

STUPITS!

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I don't think there is that big enough difference in a customers eye for them to look down on a rotary machine vs a cimex

They came in with a floor scrubber thingy blah blah

Just like only a pro could tell difference between wands
I disagree, but I also do VLM service during business hours, depending on the business. I get a lot less questions when I roll in with a substantial looking machine (Orbot, Mytee, etc.). I used to get the same looks when I rolled in my Spyder as I did with a janitor-looking rotary.

Reactions: Matt Middleton

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Honestly, what I like most about rotaries is you don't have to push back and forth like a lawnmower, kicking the cord as you pull backwards. You just move forward while swinging machine to each side.

What I don't like about rotaries is how they look... image does matter.

If the Bonnet Pro Mini Max wasn't 5k, I'd own one or two. At 220 RPM, you could easily match Cimex production, maybe even faster since you can dance with a Rotary.

It does have a hefty tag for sure!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Use that higher speed on that buffer............300
It will take you to another level!

Glides across the room.

Don't go side to side but go sideways all across the open spaces.
Making rows
Spike the scampoo with janitorial strength ammonia to cut thru the grease or stains.

Tried the O2 scampoo but found mediocre results so went with ammonia spiked................for the BOMB!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Use that higher speed on that buffer............300
It will take you to another level!

Glides across the room.

Don't go side to side but go sideways all across the open spaces.
Making rows
Spike the scampoo with janitorial strength ammonia to cut thru the grease or stains.

Tried the O2 scampoo but found mediocre results so went with ammonia spiked................for the BOMB!
The o2 products might not be the most powerful for general soiling. Where they excel is when you have large amounts of drink spills, especially coffee.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What say ye Jimmy and Larry

about encRapping com carpet?
I preferred scrub bonnets

it enabled my ethics feel a "little less" slimy

as far as upl?
wasn't so much a slimy ethic thing, as it was it does a sh1tty job on anything but "clean" fabric

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mist on scampoo and use a hand bonnet to clean "clean" upholstery

WHEN NO ONE IS LOOKING!

YOU KNOW YOU DO IT YOU INTERNET KLOWNS!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom