Encapsulating upholstery

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks! They looked pretty good.

My only concern is the manager might see how simple it was and kick me to the curb.;)

Are you opposed to working behind a screen? :winky:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I explained everything to the customer, she understands that the process is easy but also knows that the products and the equipment I use are state of the art and she cannot just buy everything I have without an investment, she only gets them done once a year so its not cost effective for her, and I had extract a few chairs that were too dirty / stained for encapsulation. there is always the possibility. but most of the time if they wanted to do it themselves they wouldn't have even called. I only charged 2.50 a chair.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
at 2.50 a chair and literally 2 min a chair, that's a lot of money, I maintain my min charge if they don't have a large amount, so the smaller amount of chairs cost more, and more are less, but no lower then 2.50. these were quick and easy. I was using a trigger sprayer because my battery flexipro was dead. or I would have used he upholstery jet with it. its even quicker then.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was using a trigger sprayer because my battery flexipro was dead. or I would have used he upholstery jet with it. its even quicker then.
I saw that, my arthritis in my hand hurt seeing you use the trigger sprayer. I like the Multi-sprayer Spray 1 for upholstery. We get them with a gun jet not the lance.
http://www.multi-sprayer.com/spray1.htm

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Nice video man! Ecap DS huh? We will need to try this, I would think that the encap ds would need some sort of vacuuming off at the end to remove to keep the fabric from being stiff? It came out amazing and will definitely check this out next time we do this dining hall with those type of chairs.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Nice...we use the small pads and a Makita sander/buffer to do stairs when we encap carpets in a place that has stairs. I could see using the Makita to do chairs like this as well. Set up an assembly line...lien up the chairs, two techs, one sprays, one hits with the Makita and then then the "spray tech" puts the chairs back. We've done some restaurant booths with encap, but never chairs like this.

Reactions: J Scott W

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I just use the same dilution as the carpet, just remember your using less on fabric than you would carpet. Just enough to get it just beyond damp. I used the hand bonnet for these but I do occasionally use a small 6" polished with a Terry cloth bonnet on it. The hand bonnet seems to be more agresive though than the cotton Terry cloth. I have brush attachment for my car polisher I'll have to post a pic for you guys.
Also, what was your dilution w/water amount on the DS in that spray bottle?

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I wonder how well the o2 encap would work on upholstery. Good question for Jim pemberton. I personally like the encapuclean green ds from bridgepoint the best. Smells great, customers always compliment how it smells better and fresh.

Reactions: J Scott W

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh dear Gawd........I've been using this simple SHAMPOO method since the late 90's.
And if you don't think these encap scampoos aren't SHAMPOOS then well you've been reading too many fruit loops boxes.

It is simply amazing when someone discovers something OLD and suddenly makes it NEW.
But in reality it all reminds me of a time when I had a retard grocery bagger take several minutes to explain to me how he was bagging my groceries and the difference between paper and plastic sacks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom