Encapsulation vs HWE

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Last year I cleaned a few classrooms at my local elementary school. I tried 3 different Presprays, scrubbed it good and Hwe with my zipper and it was embarrassing. The only thing I didn't try was encapping. Just last month, I saw my competitor parked out front. I guess I lost that customer.

Public school carpet is the hardest I've ever cleaned

Mikey P

Administrator
Last year I cleaned a few classrooms at my local elementary school. I tried 3 different Presprays, scrubbed it good and Hwe with my zipper and it was embarrassing. The only thing I didn't try was encapping. Just last month, I saw my competitor parked out front. I guess I lost that customer.

deep flush and post pad and if you're lucky the carpet dries quick enough so that you can do the post work the same day but that's rarely the case..

Trying to over clean it with your high flow wands or zippers makes it even worse You're better off just doing the light swoop then trying to flush out all that sand and silt thinking you're a premium commercial janitorial hack

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I did a community college 2 years ago. Coffee and other beverage stains everywhere. I didn't have enough hose to reach the back of the second floor so I encapped with a Cimex and an oxy encap solution. Did 2/3 of the second floor like that, then hooked up the truck mount and using the Cimex as a scrubber, scrubbed and extracted the rest. Used the oxy encap as my prespray and Procyon as my rinse. Went back the next day to check on the results and you couldn't tell the difference from where it was encapped only and where it was scrubbed and flushed. Let your chemistry do the work for you.

Mikey P

Administrator
I did a community college 2 years ago. Coffee and other beverage stains everywhere. I didn't have enough hose to reach the back of the second floor so I encapped with a Cimex and an oxy encap solution. Did 2/3 of the second floor like that, then hooked up the truck mount and using the Cimex as a scrubber, scrubbed and extracted the rest. Used the oxy encap as my prespray and Procyon as my rinse. Went back the next day to check on the results and you couldn't tell the difference from where it was encapped only and where it was scrubbed and flushed. Let your chemistry do the work for you.
2nd floor...

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
It was an odd set up. The college is part of a large complex. I would have had to run about 450 feet of hose to reach. So I cimexed the furthest part back to a 300 foot set up which was more reasonable.
Do any of you all remember there was a guy that spoke at Mikeys Fest in St Pete a few years back. Had a large trailer mounted unit I think. HUGE blower, he claimed they would run dual wands up to like 800’ or something absurd. They custom made their own units. Anyone remember who that was?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Do any of you all remember there was a guy that spoke at Mikeys Fest in St Pete a few years back. Had a large trailer mounted unit I think. HUGE blower, he claimed they would run dual wands up to like 800’ or something absurd. They custom made their own units. Anyone remember who that was?
John Sales from Steam action maybe?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

The Boot

Name
John
Nope, younger guy... The unit was HUGE!!! Wouldn’t fit in a van of any kind
Could have been John's son. Their website shows a new beast on a trailer. The Stealth I saw was equipped with #9 blower. Brochure said 4 wand capacity @ 1000 ft each. It had a blower exhaust pipe laying next to the unit (8" in diameter). Saw it about 15 years ago. It was in a box truck set up. The mechanic working on it said you did not want to stand in front of the exhaust at full throttle.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
CJ it was nice to meet you yesterday.

Hopefully, the Encap-Clean DS2 and FiberPlus Max pads will help to put a dent into the mystery coloration.

As we discussed, pre-scrub with an aggressive pre-spray and then do HWE. Then do a post-encap follow-up the following day, with Encap-Clean DS2 and the FiberPlus Max pads. Mix the DS2 strong so you can keep your moisture usage minimal. And put fans on the carpet to help get it to dry quickly. Encap-Clean DS2 will likely sort this out for you using it in post-encap mode.

But as other guys have already commented above, this is a weird condition. With a clear darker line of demarcation between the carpet that had formerly been under shelving / and the part that had been exposed to traffic and had routinely been cleaned with Host. I've been thing about your carpet. Was wondering if this is possibly some color loss (and/or wear) that we're seeing on the carpet that had been in usage and exposed to light. Is this carpet nylon or olefin?

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
CJ it was nice to meet you yesterday.

Hopefully, the Encap-Clean DS2 and FiberPlus Max pads will help to put a dent into the mystery coloration.

As we discussed, pre-scrub with an aggressive pre-spray and then do HWE. Then do a post-encap follow-up the following day, with Encap-Clean DS2 and the FiberPlus Max pads. Mix the DS2 strong so you can keep your moisture usage minimal. And put fans on the carpet to help get it to dry quickly. Encap-Clean DS2 will likely sort this out for you using it in post-encap mode.

But as other guys have already commented above, this is a weird condition. With a clear darker line of demarcation between the carpet that had formerly been under shelving / and the part that had been exposed to traffic and had routinely been cleaned with Host. I've been thing about your carpet. Was wondering if this is possibly some color loss (and/or wear) that we're seeing on the carpet that had been in usage and exposed to light. Is this carpet nylon or olefin?
What, did not sell him any PUNCH!!!!! Never used it, but description makes it sound like exactly what he needs. :errf: :biggrin:

OK Jimmy , your turn!!! LOL!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

Potential wicking requires a slower and more thorough dry pass. Dragging an Airpath around behind you is worthwhile as well. When you run into poorly maintained carpet, Rick's extraction followed by encap application is a great option. It gets the dirt out and makes the carpet look cleaner.

steve_64

Looks like the installers flipped the grain. Probably wasn't noticeable until it got dirty.

There's a pencil and paper trick to show which way the grain is running to show the custy the real problem if that's what it is.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Looks like the installers flipped the grain. Probably wasn't noticeable until it got dirty.

There's a pencil and paper trick to show which way the grain is running to show the custy the real problem if that's what it is.
Yes, but when zooming in I don't see a seam

Name
Lee Stockwell
We've probably confused the fire out of some here by mixing terms and procedures because we use the same tools to prescrub before hwe as we might use to encap alone or correctively after hwe.

I've seen that encap and hwe are both complementary processes. However encap is less effective if attempted IMMEDIATELY after hwe, before it's dry.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We've probably confused the fire out of some here by mixing terms and procedures because we use the same tools to prescrub before hwe as we might use to encap alone or correctively after hwe.

I've seen that encap and hwe are both complementary processes. However encap is less effective if attempted IMMEDIATELY after hwe, before it's dry.
I think there is a point in Rick's comment about half the carpet being under shelving that we have missed. If one side was trafficked on and one side wasn't being used, there will be a difference that no cleaning in world will fix.

steve_64

Yes, but when zooming in I don't see a seam
Me neither but there is a pretty straight line.

A home store we use to clean got new carpet and much of it was installed that way and the color difference was pretty noticeable.

He could try that pencil and paper trick to know for sure.

randy

Name
Randy
Encap has saved us many times in situations like the OP.

We can get a bit cocky with our experience, atomic chemistry, and our fire breathing truckmounts.

That's why I tell the boys "we are carpet cleaners- not steam cleaners or any other machine specific label".

Encap is a vital tool sometimes. Justin had one project at Woods Hall MSU that defied conventional processes. We beat it with this tool.

Always on the truck, just in case.

The voice of experience, well stated.

randy

Name
Randy
Im a bit confused too. I used HOST exclusively for 8 years before going to HWE. No comparison. I can outclean HOST any day, any time with a TM.

maybe your CRB didnt have the right brushes for commercial work. I use brown for commercial with the Brush Pro 20. And being OCD I do brush in both directions (carryover from the HOST days)

LOL, I though I was the only one stuck in the habit of brushing both ways from HOST days. Sometimes I catch myself and I like wait, this looks great so I'm done.

randy

Name
Randy
Angry Lemon is $55 a gallon!

Gebus!

Can you predict when these scampoos will reach $100 a gallon?

Soon encapCRAP prices will be listed right along side oil.
CRUDE...
Brent
Natural gas
Average encap price per gal ...

By the way, Whittaker systems has a OXY encap product that is $425 per 5 gal pail.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom