Encapsulation vs HWE

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But Larry being so short and all

Can both feet touch the ground when you stop?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
But Larry being so short and all

Can both feet touch the ground when you stop?

I remove the tour pack and use it as a step stool

1594690870078.png

new tour packs are available at DairyMart .
It's nice of them to store 'em outside for me

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I used to ride like that too
Hanging your knee out like an air brake has come back to me after all of these years

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I had a crew do a job today. A school to be exact. And in one of the room the maintenance department previously used Host GVX and Host SJ on half the room. The crew used out strongest Butyl Commercial Pre-Spray, scrubbed with a CRB and extracted at 600 PSI with devastators and couldn't get the 2 half's close to matching. Our half didn't look nearly as clean and/or light as the half the maintenance department had done. We're going back later this week to encap. it to hopefully get it more uniform. I have a couple questions hopefully somebody can help answering.
  1. There's the old "where's the dirt go?" joke.... but in all seriousness, without a thorough extraction, there's no way in my mind that Encapsulation can get carpet as "CLEAN" as Encapsulation. That does not, however mean the end appearance is superior. That leads me to believe encaps. have superior chemistry that make the carpet "look cleaner". Is this true?
  2. Assuming the answer to question 1 is true, what EXACTLY do encaps. do to make the carpet appear cleaner? (ie optical brighteners, oxidizers, reducing agents, etc...)
    1. I have a very basic understanding of their chemistry. My understanding is this.
      1. Pre-Vac the shit out of the carpet
      2. Spray encap. via power sprayer, pump sprayer, etc...
      3. Agitate via CRB, low speed, cimex, etc...
      4. Post-Vac the carpet..

The theory is, the encap. product goes on as a liquid and will break down and "absorb" oils, dirt, grease, etc.... The encap. product then dries to a crystal that can be vacuumed up, thus removing those contaminants. However, whether anyone believes the products ability to do this or not. How does the product make such a drastic and immediate visual improvement. I've heard quite a few of you all rely your experiences in that they do make an immediate and drastic visual improvement. BUT HOW?

3. Lastly, is my plan to follow up with encapsulation what you all would recommend? and any suggestions? I've never done it? I have access to CRB's as well as Cimex machines. The CRB's are local the Cimex is at another location about an hour and a half away. If it will be drastically better I can go get it.

I'm not looking for "it just works".... based upon alot of peoples feedback, I have no doubt it makes the carpet look great. I am looking for a technical explanation on how.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 100845
Have you /your crew been back.? What is/was the outcome? Get to the bottom of it. ?

Condog

Name
Tony
Might be that the water goes deeper w/hwe than the vlm does. As the water dries the soil lower down in the carpet is pulled up through the wicking process. The vlm doesn't go as deep, where more of the soil lies, so less soil is wicked up (less moisture also means less wicking too).

Reactions: Jimmy L and Mikey P

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
What,. none of Rick G's stuff?
Not yet convinced!!! :winky: :biggrin:

Shoot, while there, why not just go over it with the 175 and a microfiber or some other absorbent type of bonnet. ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom