Enclosed cargo trailer

Name
Joe
I want to buy a small cargo trailer for my cleaning stuff I have a portable, water heater a few air movers hoses. and wands
I want some thing small but big enaught to put a small truckmount in it in the future
What would you recommend.

Thanks

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have my Boxxer 421 mounted in a 6x10 trailer that is 8ft high. It has more room than a cargo van and it is fairly easy to fit in most places.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Just go rent one from Uhaul and see what works better for your needs. Most of theirs is only 5 feet or so in height but you can get a pretty good idea on the length that you need. I rented one today to haul debris and drop off flood equipment in the morning, usually a 5x8 or 6x12 works for me. It's also a tandem.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
damn 8' high??? total or is that inside height???

anyway 6x 10 at the smallest...

tandems are better and wont bounce your stuff all to hell as bad...

here is my old one 7x14

and the new one i am going back to 8x16.....but i do strip an waxes and lots of other things as well....plus a shot of the inside of the box truck i have

000_0020.jpg

000_0016.jpg

2012-07-07_10-55-58_917.jpg

2012-07-07_10-56-40_20.jpg

2011-11-19_21-47-49_971.jpg

2011-11-19_21-47-41_337.jpg

Last edited:

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I don't think that I would go any smaller than 6x10. I would also look for one that has a side door, it makes it so much easier to get to things without unloading the entire trailer.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I want to buy a small cargo trailer for my cleaning stuff I have a portable, water heater a few air movers hoses. and wands
I want some thing small but big enaught to put a small truckmount in it in the future
What would you recommend.

Thanks

Call Bill Calvert. He's in Illinois. He might have a 6X12, 2-axle Timberwolf trailer for sale. Has side door. 217-935-3881

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Both I and Dirk Wingrove used a 6x10 for years. We both had a Boxxer 421 in there. Plenty of room for reels, shelf, and other stuff. It was still super easy to maneuver around in tight areas.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I don't get it. You still have to insure the tow vehicle and the trailer. You also still have to maintain the both. The only advantage a trailer has is that you don't need a dedicated vehicle for carpet cleaning. Not worth it to me.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I don't get it. You still have to insure the tow vehicle and the trailer. You also still have to maintain the both. The only advantage a trailer has is that you don't need a dedicated vehicle for carpet cleaning. Not worth it to me.
That is my opinion also and the hassel of driving it around town, in and out of driveways. Maybe for commercial at night but in new jersey to much hassel for me

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea those reasons dont add up....

because it is still the same maybe a touch more on the trailer side....

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
It really depends on where you are located. In the Phoenix area, it is really easy towing a trailer. Straight, flat streets with tract homes located close to the street.

My last TM was in a van. It would get so hot in the van that the A/C couldn't cool the interior down within 15 minutes.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I can see that for sure. Here we also have sidewalks and would have to cross them if parked at curb.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I can see that for sure. Here we also have sidewalks and would have to cross them if parked at curb.

ohhh shit not side walks to be across:icon_rolleyes:

you mean people back east dont know how to walk around something:clap:

ohhh scuse me....i reread it...

you mean they cant step over???

does your van not sit across the side walk at times???

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Most of the time I park in the street and run my hoses across the sidewalk. My hoses are bright blue and I put a caution sign next to them. There are so few people walking around that is hasn't ever been an issue.

Carpet Magic

I used to have a trailer i didn't like it. when i had a explorer to pull with it was ok cause it was short. but when i bought my F-250 crew cab most parking lots in complex's i had jusy about the whole thing blocked. I much rather work out of my 15 foot cube van has all the room i need.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i am getting tired of jumping in and out of my box....which is one of the MAIN reasons I am switching BACK....been there before and loved it....Just at the time my biz went a different way...(more buffing of floors, for Family Dollar) so I was running all over the place and was not liking the 8 or so MPG my truck was getting PLUS I found a smoking deal on a van...

Funny, because I want a crew cab truck to pull this with...and yes i know i will be long

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom