End of the Original Hagopian

Brian H

Name
Brian H
It is my pleasure to announce that effective Thursday 12/6/2018 the Original Hagopian has ceased to exist... kind of.

After what amounts to years of talk back and forth and plenty of negotiations we acquired the assets of Steve Hagopian & Company and they are out of business. The owner of that company had approached us several times over the years about us buying him out but the timing and circumstances never seemed to work out. This time they did.

With purchase of Steve Hagopian and Company there is no longer a need to compete against our own name. And no need to call ourselves the Original Hagopian. Now we are just Hagopian!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
help us with the history, Brian

there were two separate CC'ing biz's in same area with Hagopian name?

I presume they're part of same extended family?
Cause that name isn't like "Smith's CC'ing and Shoe Emporium"

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
help us with the history, Brian

there were two separate CC'ing biz's in same area with Hagopian name?

I presume they're part of same extended family?
Cause that name isn't like "Smith's CC'ing and Shoe Emporium"

..L.T.A.

I think Snow was telling us before, how it used to be two brothers or son and father that went separate ways.

I don't feel like searching but maybe @FredC can link it if he has time..
Or you can search.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

FredC

Village Idiot
I think Snow was telling us before, how it used to be two brothers or son and father that went separate ways.

I don't feel like searching but maybe @FredC can link it if he has time..
Or you can search.

"Steve was one of the sons in Hagopian & Sons (our original corporate name). He has been retired for about 8-10 years but his business is still being operated by his step daughter who I believe owns it now. Steve left our business a few years before his father died and has never spoe with the family members again.

Ken"

"Unfortunately, about 30 years ago there was a breakup of the Hagopian family and one of the brothers was allowed to use the name also, with a little twist to it. that is why for marketing purposes, we have a dba of The Original Hagopian Cleaning Services. "

Brian H

Name
Brian H
The information Ken had posted the short version.

In 1939 Hagopian and Sons was formed by Hartoun Hagopian. As time went on, Harry (as he was known)had 3 sons who worked in the business with him Steve, Edgar and Arthur. The business grew over the years and enjoy quite a bit of success. Harry and his son Edgar were both entrepreneurs and were always looking for ways to grow and expand the business. Retail was added in the mid 1950s with the opening of their first showroom. Because of this, any excess monies went back into expanding the business and cash was always tight. It was always a source of conflict among the family.

When Harry retired from the business in the mid 1970s, he left Edgar in overall charge of the company. Without the father to mediate their arguments Edgar and Steve were in constant disagreement. Things came to a head in late 1976 and Steve was forced out. He then formed his own company focusing on only cleaning and restoration.

Steve ran his own company, competing against his brother Edgar, until he retired about 15 years ago. Steve transferred the ownership of the company to his step-daughter who had her fiancee run it for her. Eventually though she and her fiancee parted was and he acquired the company outright.

Ken Snow had been in negotiations to merge the two companies for the years leading up to his death though as stated above, never was successful.

And that takes us up the events that I opened this thread with.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
A bit of time was wasted though we had it down to a simple explanation. They were a much smaller company and did everything they could to perpetuate the confusion for people who did not realize there was a difference between the two companies.

In the last few years, they actually did no real advertising except to have their name in the phonebook and on the internet. Witheir own website.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
for Jimmy?

who the F knows what he was alluding to...

How much life left in them trucks I wonder?
How much is that doggie in the window?
How much would you pay me to take you off my list?
How much allowance do I get this week Honey?
How much longer can I sit on this toilet reading MB with these numb feets?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom