Engine problem

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Have you check the connections you made on the cable to the computer when you moved it? Maybe something has worked loose since then.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I know nothing about your machine sir but in general, when an intermittent ignition issue occurs, which is directly related to heat, and solves itself when cooled down, the circuit is opening in a winding such as the windings in a ignition coil. If the winding is ever so slightly compromised anywhere within its mile if very thin wire, the heat expands the wire winding opening up the circuit just enough to cause a weak spark. As it cools and contracts the failure reconnects itself.

It could cool enough while you are replacing the computer to mislead you into thinking the part swap worked, when just shutting the unit down for a moment and having a beer may produce the same outcome.

Nice Floydian reference Bawb.

Reactions: FredC

bill luke

hey gene,sounds just like the problems I have with my thermalwave.after doing anything I could think of to fix the problem,i finally moved the ecu as far as the harness would allow,which was to mount it on a plastic tool box behind the seat I fill Gatorade bottles with water and freeze them,put them in plastic baggy;put it on the ecu,seems like if I never let it get hot,the machine runs good;it stalls out sometimes,but will restart ;untill I buy a new ecu,it works good luck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom