enrolled in college today

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
1986 was the last time I sat in a college class. I was 18 and probably making more money cleaning carpets part-time than the instructors earned full-time. I didn't like school so I dropped out and been cleaning carpets ever since.

Well, times have changed and lately I've been bored with carpet cleaning.

I'm too busy to be a full-time student so planning to take a single class to see if I can hang. maybe a math or english class. If I score well perhaps take a couple more classes the following semester.

We'll see.

I'm 44 years old now. It would be nice to earn a degree before I turn 50.

Anyone else here have a degree or working on one?

Connor

Name
Connor
I'd say get a degree in accounting, you can always use that in your biz or any other biz.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Good for you George- lifelong learning is great however you do it. I left college midway through my Junior year in 1980 cause I couldn't decide what I wanted to be when I grew up. A friend of mine said come work for this company for a semester- good pay, nice work environment, family that cares about their people. Fast forward 32 years and I'm still here and no regrets except that I also have the itch to get a business, accounting or law degree.

Ken

F

FB7777

Got my BS in Marketing in 1987

Worked 30 hours a week while attending University. I enjoyed work and making money way more than college

Good luck George it would be much harder for me to go back now

Besides , my accountant kids with me that he should have become a carpet cleaner instead :mrgreen:

Bob Foster

George, if the basic three R's classes don't work for you may I suggest enrolling in one that's oriented to an interest you might have. There are quite a few 10-12 week one or two night a week programs in things like welding, woodworking, small engines, photography, etc and you might find that to be a way to ease back into it.

I enjoy taking courses and feel I am really missing out if I don't take at least one if not more every year. I tend to enjoy the more challenging ones that make you work at them to achieve results. Last fall I enrolled in Jim and Lisa's Textile Pro program and I'm still involved in it. The year before I took two WordPress classes and one PhotoShop class at a local community college.

My next community college course will be an advanced photography class. And on the trade side, it will likely be a stone and tile class.

Connor

Name
Connor
Plumbers helper. Just sayin.

I put an ad in the paper for skinny midget and all i got was responses from a bunch of perverts.

Jason

I have a degree and don't think too much of colleges. They are too expensive now. Unless you are changing careers and need the piece of paper to impress somebody, I'd say save your money.

You can learn these subjects by finding the right books and reading them on your own.

If you have the money to burn, go for the young friends you will make, know what I mean lol

I've seen the campus at UNM and the wildlife -- yummy!!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Not a bad idea to audit a class here or there that you can use today. Accounting, writing, marketing maybe but european history or biology sounds like a waste.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Whatever spomone chooses is okay, whether college, adult ed, reading, etc. As long as there is fulfillment for them. I took a 4 week massage class with my ex about 15 years ago and it was one of the best post college classes I have taken.

TimP

I'm pretty much going to school full time and doing my part time cleaning business..... My business has always been part time. It's why I decided to go back. I don't know if I'll leave carpet cleaning or continue on with it when I finish school in about a year. I've actually been back in school about 2 years now (4 semesters). Full time for 2 semesters now.

Name
I'm Rick James
I like Steve Jobs approach to collage, which is to drop in on classes that interest you even if it doesnt have a financial benefit reward at the end.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have a BS in Marine Biology. The science background helps me to understand a lot of the issues we have to deal with, plus some of the physics etc helps. My best class was computer programming. Thats come a long way from Fortran.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom