Ever sent a dead beat to collections?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Always and kind of.

We will go 90-days then they go to collections, it almost always works BUT we lose 40% so we are going to do all we can on our own first. Once we're sure they are not paying us, we turn them in.

I have a water loss from 3-years that pays $50.00 a month that just would not pay us. She knew the price ahead of time but thought the insurance company would pay the claim even though we told her they probably would not because it was ground water. We did the work and she blamed them and did not pay.

XCC

Ive only been burned once in 20 years for $230. By the time I was done with this deadbeat's lies and complete lack of responsibility to pay the person that helped him out of a difficult situation of his own making, I wouldn't have accepted a dime of his money.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've only done a couple of "charity cases"... But back when I had a partner she sent a few to collections. She also reported them to the county or city ...or something. I guess for writing bad checks? I think they had to take classes or something.

I never really cared too much about it.

Even Walmart has a budget for shoplifters. If it was a large ticket like Mikey's.... I would probably think twice.

I just recently got burned on a $400 tile and grout job. The dude said the sub didn't do a good job. He was probably right. lol

The sub nor I got paid.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Mikey P said:
Did it work?

got a pot head who owes me $1050

He probably smokes that each week..

Did he write you a bad check? If so, hand it over to your District Atty. They will handle it.

Did you get a signed invoice for work performed? File the Small Claims Court paperwork. Show up with that documentation (your wife can as well) and ask the Judge for a judement for the invoice, filing fees, and interest. He/she will have a judgement and garnishment on their ass till it's paid. Judges WILL garnish a SSI, Disability, or unemployment check.

Either way, your time...your money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom