Everybody is at work but me I see.

Rex Tyus

Freaking Florida Thunderstorms :evil: . Even when I get past my ego and am willing to work in the rain customers want to wait until it is over. :evil: :evil: :evil:

This month is KILLING ME! :cry:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Go figure!
When they postpone because it's raining....
I wanna scream...
AIN'T YOU GOT A ROOF...LADY?

Rex Tyus

In a normal month I am all for a reschedule. But this is different(translates I am desperate). I will be down about 40% in March unless a miracle happens in the next 3 days. I am starting to think TimP is taking ALL my business to the south and now in the north. :?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am so desperate (March sucks for me too) that I spend all day yesterday mailing out postcards with an actual PRICE on them for whole house cleaning. I have never advertised price before in my whole career. It's been raining for two days here, and supposed to rain all the way through the sunday.

By the way, even when I am busy, I never reschedule because of rain. For some reason, my customers seldom do either.
I always need the money too bad, but I have no idea why they don't cancel.

TimP

I sure am glad my customer rescheduled this morning. There was some bad weather for sure that I'd not want to be working in. I tried to reschedule my customer yesturday afternoon but they wanted me to do it so I did. I've got an empty rental trailer to do but I'm gonna wait till the rain passes.

I'm desperate too for work but I know I got plenty of time to get it done when it's dry.

Last summer I was cleaning and a bad storm came in as I was working. I had to go out and close the doors and bungee the side door so that the wind wouldn't mess up the door. In the time it took to do that it was if I jumped in a pool.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Lard tunderin' buy! Stend out en da starm wit yer wand en yer hend me sun!

Rex will translate that to English from Newfinese.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
TimP said:
I sure am glad my customer rescheduled this morning. There was some bad weather for sure that I'd not want to be working in. I tried to reschedule my customer yesturday afternoon but they wanted me to do it so I did. I've got an empty rental trailer to do but I'm gonna wait till the rain passes.

I'm desperate too for work but I know I got plenty of time to get it done when it's dry.

Last summer I was cleaning and a bad storm came in as I was working. I had to go out and close the doors and bungee the side door so that the wind wouldn't mess up the door. In the time it took to do that it was if I jumped in a pool.

You live in Florida, you should keep a poncho in your van at all times.

That being said if they want to re-schedule I'm all for it, even if you keep yourself relatively dry it's still a pain rolling hoses and crap.

Especially considering I'm like you Tim I've got plenty of time to do it after it quits raining. If my schedule was full it might be a different story.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
The last three months were slooo for me. Then the phone started ringing last week. Booked through next week so far, including Sat. and Sun. afternoon.

HANG IN THERE! SPRING HAS SPRUNG! THANK YOU LORD!

Wraped up a condo job last night at 9:15. Asked custy about noise that late. He sez no prob I'm in the end unit. (I've worked for him before so he knows how loud my machine is.) When I was done a neighbor gave me an earfull about the noise, then gave me a T&G job. Noise can be a form of advertising. If I was running electric I wouldn't have that job.

Rex & Tim: I'll be in Florida next month. I expect you to have the rain done by then.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Snow storm headed our way, for tonight and all day tomorrow, 4-8 inches.

Carpet is still slow here, we are really busy with fire and water, mostly from a storm we had early in the week.

Had million dollar home get hit by lightening and damage the roof, main level and into the basement. We have 10-people packing it out and will probably be there all next week.

It could be better, but I'm not complaining about any work this year!

Bob Foster

Very quiet here too but I have three good days booked next week and that is a first for me in months.

R

R W

I cleaned during an all day rain yesterday....furniture and carpet......but keep the air movers on. The only problem was all the moisture that got into the van. When I got in the van this morning, there was condensation on the inside roof of the van. Never had that happen before.

TimP

I don't know what is more of the reason for increased business.

1. it's getting warm enough and it's the time of the year to clean house.

2. the news is making it sound like the economy is doing better?

I wonder what you guys think. I think I kinda lean towards #2.

Rex Tyus

Just so everyone knows, I don't like cleaning in the rain. Not so much because I am prissy and don't want my hair wet (shut up Hoodie). But here it don't just "rain". Here when it rains it literally POURS. It is more often than not associated with thunderstorms(which means lightening) strong winds and REALLY shitty drytimes. Hoses are as often as not having to be unrolled in a DIRT not paved or even grass driveway or yard.

That being said, I wish I would have somewhere to worry about those things today. This sucks and only one day of Sunshine forcasted for next week.

TimP thanks again for the hook up on the protectant. You saved me some embarrasment on Monday.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The news is reporting things are improving?

Only way my customers will hear it is if they tell it on CMT.
LOL

Big D told me that yesterday too, hopefully it's true!

I'm tired of holding on to my nuts for fear creditors will take them from me! :wink:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Thank gawd, I've no idea what CMT is.

Beautiful day here is South Texas and the sun is shining, back home north of Fargo is a blizzard - something you southern whiners never had to deal with.
Hey Dog, how is your Prius in the snow, lol

Rex Tyus

harryhides said:

Beautiful day here is South Texas and the sun is shining, back home north of Fargo is a blizzard - something you southern whiners never had to deal with.Hey Dog, how is your Prius in the snow, lol

PLEAZZZE, I lived in Massena NY for 2 winters. It don't get worse than that. Anchorage Alaska has better weather than there.

Besides Why don't you stick around Southern Texas till ohhh say AUGUST. Then we will see who whines. :mrgreen:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
http://www.cmt.com/ Country Music Television, my wife has it on a lot.

I like "My big redneck wedding".
Dirk's dream girl:
redneck_wedding_reception.jpg

I DON"T drive the Prius, Steve & Mark do. LOL

They say they've done good so far, we will see this weekend.

TimP

Rex Tyus said:
TimP thanks again for the hook up on the protectant. You saved me some embarrasment on Monday.

You're welcome, but now I have to order some soon....probably monday. Just hope I don't sell any till then, chances are I have nothing to worry about.

And Rex is right about the rain of course. When it was raining it took all of 10-20 minutes before the grass outside was submerged under the water from the rain.

Rex Tyus

The only downside to the news reporting things are geting better is, everytime they report something positive the price of oil and gas goes up. When people see the gas over $2.00 they think "oh I better wait and see how bad it gets before I spend any money". Let us not forget if it was not for the RIDICULOUS cost of energy over the last 2 years the housing bubble pop would have been as short lived as the internet bubble and the 9/11 economic crises. You can deny it or be unaware of it but the cost of energy drives or stiffles consumer spending AND buisness expantion.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Rex Tyus said:
harryhides said:

Beautiful day here is South Texas and the sun is shining, back home north of Fargo is a blizzard - something you southern whiners never had to deal with.Hey Dog, how is your Prius in the snow, lol

PLEAZZZE, I lived in Massena NY for 2 winters. It don't get worse than that. Anchorage Alaska has better weather than there.

Besides Why don't you stick around Southern Texas till ohhh say AUGUST. Then we will see who whines. :mrgreen:

Rex, I'll be long gone before August - will be Fla for Connections can you come along and keep Pervington and Danny off my leg ?

I did not want to hear that Chavez, and you can tell your wife that my opinion of her just went way down.

Maybe introduce her to a mexican opera.

Rex Tyus

Harry, it will depend if business picks up enough for me to afford the gas down there. 8)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Sorry, I am swamped.

Everyone likes the whole day jobs. NOT ME. The phone is ringing and when one of these jobs block out 3 or 4 jobs I could get to. Yeah same money but less customers and I will tell you customer count is very important. I was telling someone the other day if a $700 job cancels I have no work, if 1 of the 3 or 4 $165 jobs cancel I get a break in my day. That is the benefit of being the mid to low end feeder

Rex Tyus

Greg there is actually something to what you are saying. That is why I have always judged how well my business was doing based on owner occupied residential numbers. Comercial work is nice but it can really distort the numbers for stabilty and growth of a company that focusses on residential. I tend not to even consider those when refering to how good things are going (not that those numbers have been good for me either).

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rex, I'll be long gone before August - will be Fla for Connections can you come along and keep Pervington and Danny off my leg ?

I did not want to hear that Chavez, and you can tell your wife that my opinion of her just went way down.

Maybe introduce her to a mexican opera.
:mrgreen:

Yea, she drives us all crazy with her country music. The kids all have their Ipods on, I was forced to listened to it so much she eventually brain washed me into liking some of it! :shock:
:mrgreen:

TimP

Matt Murdock said:
Sorry, I am swamped.

Everyone likes the whole day jobs. NOT ME. The phone is ringing and when one of these jobs block out 3 or 4 jobs I could get to. Yeah same money but less customers and I will tell you customer count is very important. I was telling someone the other day if a $700 job cancels I have no work, if 1 of the 3 or 4 $165 jobs cancel I get a break in my day. That is the benefit of being the mid to low end feeder

Something you don't understand even if I wanted to be a low priced cleaner. There wouldn't be enough jobs to justify doing it. In other words I'd love to clean for 25 a room and 40 for the first room like you. But there isn't enough supply to do that. Since I don't have supply I have to price higher than that. I consider myself mid priced. There is no such thing as a high end cleaner here, you couldn't make it charging 50 cents a ft.

Edit, this goes for where I work.

Rex Tyus

Before any super marketing professionals come along to beat tim up over his post. I COMPLETELY agree with his statements. When you don't know you don't know.

G

Rex Tyus said:
Freaking Florida Thunderstorms :evil: . Even when I get past my ego and am willing to work in the rain customers want to wait until it is over. :evil: :evil: :evil:

This month is KILLING ME! :cry:

Try hooking up with an insurance company for the North Dakota flood; Sent 2 trucks up there and waiting for the hat to drop; those idiots are getting paid watching tv, getting drunk, and drawing perdium; $250 per hour per truck for extraction and pulling carpet. They have other companies doing the dry out stuff. Man I am Jealous; But I made all their money this week for myself; so can't complain I guess.

Ernie G

Years ago when i started my busn. in s.cal., when it rained, we got alot of cancelations. Then I moved to seattle, Wa. and started over, and quickly found out that people here don't cancel when It rains, otherwise they would never get anything done. Fortunatly, Its mostly light rain, and cloudy alot. Alot of humidity though, and we always use airmovers, and it seldom gets to hot, comfortable to work in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom