exited, might finally be getting a propane floor striipper next week

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have been playing phone tag with a guy who has a 30 inch eagle propane stripper for sale with only 4 hours on it. I saw it once over at storage and it looked immaculate. I talked the guy down to 3 grand . If it starts and runs good Im buying it. I guess the guy was doing floor work and ended up taking a job with normal hours. I really hope this machine runs as well as it looks. I do a couple huge retail stores that it could be a life saver on. I also think I could save alot of time on even medium sized jobs that are wide open. I have never used a propane stripper before and cant help but wonder how much time it will save and how easy it will chew up heavy buildup of old finish.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I here you but I feel if it needs a propane stripper, i have no interest in doing it:lol:
Shoot the big ones that would require a propane unit are the best ones to do (for me any wway). Less furniture to move, and more wide open space to use high production equipment. Since I shy away from disaster work ,large vct jobs are a great way for me to still get some 4 figure jobs on a regular basis. In my area there is around 400,000 people in a 60 mile radius but there is probley less than 10 companies who have the resources to tackle large scale vct and be competitve ( my company included). The holiday is over for vct in most major cities as the price has been beat down by too much competiton. In my area however this has became a nice nitch piece of business that keeps me busy all winter when carpet cleaning is slow.

Matt B

Name
Matt Briseno
Yep I been doing vct 20 years , ill use my propane strip equipment on anything even on 200 or 300 sq ft. If it will fit thru the door ill use it

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Yep I been doing vct 20 years , ill use my propane strip equipment on anything even on 200 or 300 sq ft. If it will fit thru the door ill use it
I had a classroom in a daycare that was about the size of half a basketball court with about 25 coats of old finish with pieces of tape all over the floor and everytime we scrubbed down further we uncovered more pieces of tape that had been waxed over and sealed in to the floor . Jobs like that make wish I had the propane because I would imagine that the extra aggressive scrubbing and the weight of the machine would plow right through years of caked on crud. Im supposed to get it on tuesday as long as it fires up and the engine sounds clean and doesnt smoke or leak Im on it for sure. Ill post some pics if I grab it

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea tape and other sticky type things still need to be scraped off....

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
yea tape and other sticky type things still need to be scraped off....
yeah we scraped that stuff up , but once we thought we got it all up and started stripping it unearthed tape that the previous hack crew must have waxed over. There must have been at least 2 or three crappy stripp jobs layered on top of eachother on that floor. We had to come back and re stripp it once the rinse water dried because it still looked blotchy. Thats kinda why I hope the propane can help. It seems like on the last few stripp jobs I have had to stripp most areas twices to get all the build up gone and not leave it lookin spoty

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
From my point of view, I don't strip anything anymore. I just use water, a heavy rotary and prep pads

I bought this instead, dual head propane buffer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom