Extracted my Pool

S

steamclean

Need to get my pool opened so I had to extract all that dirty water from the winter cover, I used my inline filter to catch some leaves but avoided a lot of them. Drained my waste tank 4.5 times.

Then I wiped everything down and got it ready for the week.

chrissalter

steamclean said:
Need to get my pool opened so I had to extract all that dirty water from the winter cover, I used my inline filter to catch some leaves but avoided a lot of them. Drained my waste tank 4.5 times.

dude thats one expensive pool cleaner

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
chrissalter said:
steamclean said:

use my machine to defrost the freezer shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

takes about 30 mins...longer to unwind and wind the hose back up...then it is to actually squirt down the freezer

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I opened my pool up about 2 months ago. Its an in ground and it gets used almost everyday. I was going to suck all the water off the cover but my wife took the cover off while I was at work one and just let it mix with the other water. Still was able to have it cleared up in just a few days.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

chrissalter

floorguy said:
chrissalter said:
steamclean said:

use my machine to defrost the freezer shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

takes about 30 mins...longer to unwind and wind the hose back up...then it is to actually squirt down the freezer

I never would of thought of that beats a hair dryer lol

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My cover had maybe about 3 gallons of water on it after I removed the leaf net. Easy open this year, crystal clear water. (been doing it for 35 years). These new pool owners that take in a quart of water and walk out of the pool dealer with $500 in chems need some pool maintenance lessons! 2-3 bags of burnout, adjust the total alkalinity, and you're good to go!

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
What is burnout?

My wife mostly handles the pool so I don't know too much about it but she says the same things about the pool supply companies. She uses basically borax, baking soda and chlorine I believe.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
joey895 said:
What is burnout?

My wife mostly handles the pool so I don't know too much about it but she says the same things about the pool supply companies. She uses basically borax, baking soda and chlorine I believe.

Burnout is basically a super-chlorine shock treatment for pool water. Use at begining of season, every few weeks during the swim season, and at closing. Keeps all the nastys from body oils to pee and poop from contaminating the water.......sanitizes it. Then keeping your chlorine and PH levels constant helps. (don't forget algicide treatment) PH plays an important part of pool care.

Of course, a lot of pool owners don't use chlorine based based treatments anymore.

Mike Draper

I used my truck with a filter to suck up a huge bees nest. I laid the hose right next to the nest and half hour later the bees were all gone. Little bastards! :twisted:

mcatt

Name
Mike
Mike Draper said:
I used my truck with a filter to suck up a huge bees nest. I laid the hose right next to the nest and half hour later the bees were all gone. Little bastards! :twisted:

That is classic! I was at a job the other day that had an insane bee problem in there walls/ fireplace area and I kind of thought about it. There was a professional bee guy there giving an estimate the same time we were there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom