Facebook ad's

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Has anyone had success using Facebook ad's. I tried several ad's that I copied from someone on this fourm (can't remember his name) who had a free video on how to set them up. I had no results at all. Anyone else have success?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
You don't know how many times I have started to build an ad and backed out : )

How the weather In good Ol Knoxvegas ?

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
been ruunin one a week now will let ya know.
But got over 200 likes so far i think it will work just join to take a while.
Plus out weather has been really bad the last week.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Randy,
200 likes in a week? That's a lot, what's your ad say? photos? naked chicks? What can you tell us about your ad?

I did fb ads for months and got 4 likes.....

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Likes don't mean squat, its your phone ringing that matters. I used the other option that promotes your page to a specified audience. tried it for about 4 weeks on and off about $5 a day. Not a single call. Got the idea from someone that said $5 a day is all you need and they were getting 1 call a day. Maybe I need to up the ante.

Reactions: BLewis

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Likes don't mean squat, its your phone ringing that matters.

I agree, JR... But if he is getting "likes" - it's working. Likes lead to credibility, credibility leads to phone calls. Well.... Hopefully.

I gave up on FB, really wanted it to work. Just didn't.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
If it brings the likes, Hey they action parts up to you.

You are the center attention : )

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I am not sure when those of you who have not had success with facebook used it last but recently(in the last few months) they have made some pretty neat changes.

Now let me preface the following with if you are putting all your eggs into facebook you are going to be greatly disappointed as it is just one avenue to market, but it is a tool.

First you have to understand that when you have fan page that only a percentage of your posts are going to reach your followers/fans, as it is a part of the facebook algorithm. In fact only around 10-16% of your fans ever see your posts regularly unless you pay to promote them. The only other way to increase your exposure is by getting shares, like, comments, and check-ins to your business from your friends, and that would be considered organically reaching your audience. Popular posts will be brought up to the top of the newsfeed, and that is important to remember when you are promoting a specific post. The idea is to get other to do the promoting for you so you can spend less(or none) on ads.

Randy is on the right track with his strategy. The first ad you want to do is to increase your fan base with likes which he has seems to have done well with.

Next he will want to do a conversion(think the same as google analytics). It is a way that facebook allows you to track your efforts/campaigns. You do this by creating a Pixel, and after creating the Pixel it will give you a code to copy and paste into the
HTML:
<head>
part of your site. For anyone using the Genesis Framework with Wordpress there is an option in the theme SEO settings to copy and paste tracking/conversion codes in, and that is where you would paste the code facebook gives you. A few other Frameworks have this option as well. Otherwise as mentioned you can copy and paste it into your
HTML:
<head>
tag, or if you're using a different framework in the header.php file in the
HTML:
<head>
section of it. This would allow him to track his efforts if he were trying to promote a special or created a squeeze page of some sort to gain email addresses or whatever the purpose of the squeeze page.

Now that he can track his efforts he can create another ad. There is an option when you create an ad to place a check mark in a part that says "Track conversions on my website for this ad" and then it will give another option to select which method to track and you will want to select the pixel that you named when you created it.

The last thing I would mentioned is to pay attention to the facebook insights like Reach. Your insights will give you data to determine days and times that your reach is the highest because it will vary. It will give you an idea when your target audience is on facebook the most so that you are maximizing the dollars being spent on ads for exposure.

I recommend that you allow your ad to spread organically for a day or two if you are getting consistent likes and comments, and when it starts to fade then consider putting money into an ad to promote. If you have a blog it is a nice place to promote specials and discount offers, and create an ad that will land them on your blog page. Be sure your blog is set up with the appropriate information so you can be contacted and make sure it isn't hard to find that information.

That is a basic understanding of how the facebook ads work, how to set up tracking on your website so facebook can tell you if you are converting any of your newsfeed ads to clicks. There are also other options for ads. You can promote a facebook page, a page using a post, a website, an app on facebook, or even a facebook event. You can also target by age group. There are some other strategies with ads that appear in the sidebar that at a later date I may talk about.

Last edited:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have used the ad and reach feature a couple times and it does make a slow week better. Spend $20 bucks book $500 I do not see as a bad thing. With that said most of you guys reach your base on a month to 6 month basis I do not do that(and should) so it does help remind people who are in my area I am still there.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
After the first of the year I will have some blog tutorials with step-by-step process on facebook ads, and the things I talked about in my previous post. I know Jeff Cross teaches these things in his Totally Booked University as well, so something to consider.

Reactions: jcooper

steve_64

i havent paid for my facebook ads yet. my employee is working on commission and takes care of it. we have got a lot of work from his networking. you would have to ask him to explain what he does.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
After the first of the year I will have some blog tutorials with step-by-step process on facebook ads, and the things I talked about in my previous post. I know Jeff Cross teaches these things in his Totally Booked University as well, so something to consider.

:rockon:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I tried this paid ad deal on a smaller scale for 2 days jus to test it.

2500 views and I got one call from an advertiser! Zero new likes

I forsee A lot of people calling wanting you to spend money with them. They can make you better : )

marketing slick is a sham.

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
It works for us, but we are in a smaller market....but again, I do not go out and spend the money and create or generate fake "Likes", etc....

We just use it to slowly and consistently make contact with our people. It is a slow building process, but it can be a "free" area of advertising that can generate some "Buzz" and create some business for you.

Stay slow and consistent and it will still work in the long run. Just need to at least have a presence in my opinion especially as younger people start to be more of your "New" market. The younger crowd is also trying to decide who will be their potential "Forever" service provider as they start to generate a better income to afford our services more regularly .

Staying in touch on a Facebook type platform could help in the future.

Just my "simple" version of Facebook.

Mark

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
For those of you that don't mind reading check out Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk. He explains each of the social media platforms and shows excellent good and bad examples.

The premise of the title is just like a boxer you continually jab until you can use that big right hook. The other thought is social media requires a tremendous amount of time. If you don't have the time your results will be poor. Check out Gary on YouTube or the interview Joe Polish did with him on I love marketing.com

I will have the book with me at MF if anyone wants to take a look.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Ironic guys don't like social media but come to this forum everyday {this is social media}.
Want to think of facebook like this forum, if someone pops in here gangbusters offering "deals" what do you do to them?

All social media is networking/referrals online, have to change your mindset and build relationships. Specials will only work after you build a community of real people who trust you. If you walked into a BNI meeting handing out $99 room specials on your first meeting, what happens?

The more things change, the more they stay the same....

Name
Chris
Ironic guys don't like social media but come to this forum everyday {this is social media}.
Want to think of facebook like this forum, if someone pops in here gangbusters offering "deals" what do you do to them?

All social media is networking/referrals online, have to change your mindset and build relationships. Specials will only work after you build a community of real people who trust you. If you walked into a BNI meeting handing out $99 room specials on your first meeting, what happens?

The more things change, the more they stay the same....

What do you do professionally?

Black2White Carpet Cleaning

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Food For Thought Video

At the risk of being accused of something :), I offer a video on the topic put together by a really sharp owner of a "maid" service that also built Maid software. I mean real maid software, not some guy who through together forms and has a couple of months of programming behind him. I thought the video was very well put together. If you don't - don't yell at me.

http://zenmaid.wordpress.com/2014/0...cleaning-business-time-and-money-quick-video/

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom