Facial hair, yes or no?

Connor

Name
Connor
Does the lack of facial hair make a person seem more honest?

How much is ok, how much is too much?

What kind is not taboo?

Does having a goatee make you seem like a douchebag? (I think so)

What kind of mustache is the wrong kind of mustache?

Name
I'm Rick James
A goatee reminds me of a womans vagina.... what for it what for it.. okay you got it.

:shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I prefer our tech's to be clean shaven, but we will allow a neatly kept moustache.

As far as honest, I'd tend to side with a guy with neatly kept facial hair over one that is wild looking. I think if it's well kept you could get away with facial hair and not appear any worse than clean shaven.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Under 45 I don't think the give a shit, over 45 maybe but I still don't think its a big deal unless its really wild. A certain amount of scruff has become the norm over the last 5-10 years. Of course my opinion is based completely on nothing but my own observations so who knows...

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I always have had the "chin strap" since I was 16 or so. I would get my hair cut every 4 weeks when on the truck, and I wouldn't recommend changing hair styles, whether on your head or facially frequently/dramatically. A nice clean consistent look to go along with a consistent company image is important. In fact it wasn't until I wasn't really cleaning anymore aside from storm damage that I've went back and forth between a "chin strap" to a cleanly kept beard. But if I was back on a truck again the beard wouldn't be an option for me.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Consumers for many years have commented on facial hair and service providers. The scales have always tipped towards no facial hair.

If a service provider can grow facial hair and have tons of repeat custys then wah hooo. Seriously. My opinion is waaay conservative on this and is a real party stopper. I believe mannors, no tatoos and smelling nice is more important then facial hair.

ayetti

wow....I don't quite no what to say now. I read the op's post and had an opinion, was gonna share it...kept reading, still had an opinion....read the none on white some on black...totally forgot what my opinion was...

FredC

Village Idiot
well I don't know exactly what he meant but........pfb might be a reason to allow blacks to have facial hair
works for the military

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Black people look more groomed with it. And seem to keep it trimmed and take care of it better. White people dont keep it up. Black males are typically very well groomed. Weird statement but....

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I think the importance is more that you are clean and well kept.
So if you have facial hair, keep it neat and clean and well trimmed.
A professional won't look like they just got out of bed.

Someone once told me though that no one sees a man and thinks he'd look great with a beard or goatee or moustache but people do think they look better without.
Facial hair can make you look older (Daniel, maybe you can grow some !gotcha! )
For myself, I think you all preferred me clean shaven to my appearance with a beard or goatee or moustache.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Men with weak chins or double chins can look better with beards. Men with baby faces look more mature.

But for the most part they're kind of gross....especially when you have a cold or are eating something messy.

Take care,
Lisa

Marc Imbesi

truckmount girl said:
....they're kind of gross....especially when you ....are eating something messy....

Now wouldn't that be her fault if we were eating something messy? shiteatinggrin

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Marc Imbesi said:
[quote="truckmount girl":1fa9ih86]....they're kind of gross....especially when you ....are eating something messy....

Now wouldn't that be her fault if we were eating something messy? shiteatinggrin[/quote:1fa9ih86]

Duh! Actually messy is good, it is foul that creates the problems.

Connor

Name
Connor
Ivebeensold :shock:

My thread has been hijacked. :x

I had read that salespeople who have facial hair sell less than those who don't.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
customers can care less. They only care about Lowest price for the best Quality job. Learn it and you will make more money.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Charlie Lyman said:
I'm glad this thread doesn't have scratch n sniff features available.

I think i threw up in my mouf a bit :shock: :shock: :shock:

Name
Kevin McCreary
I think I sell more additional services with my hockey scruff, with out it I look younger

and less experienced. I always had a hard time selling when I was 20. At 40 its much easier

to get the respect of the customer. This is a based on "new customers", repeats and referrals

know I just rolled out of bed and landed in their driveway!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom