Fault in a new woven carpet.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
4 month old carpet. Lump of jute from backing protruding through the front face.
IMG_4933.jpg

Finished product.
IMG_4941.jpg

John

harryhides

Name
Tony
I think he just moved to a different part of the rug for the second pic.

:mrgreen:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Beautiful as always John! 8)

I'm highly considering taking a repair class soon. I read a lot in this room, but don't have any experience to contribute. There isn't anyone besides installers for this new company that I'm working for that does any repairs at all. I was asked if I could do repairs, very minor repairs but they wouldn't be up to any standard which get shown in this room. Most of the employees come from a construction background at this company, and they sub out rugs as well. Its a restoration company, and they may invest the time and $$ to send me to a few classes so that they can do both repairs and rugs in house.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
LOL MP

Steve, a 'cheap' start at the leaast would be to get SA's DVD and self learn but even better would be to attend one of his classes.

Also Contact Tony, he may have contacts as well that he can direct you to that may be able to help.

At the end of the day, if you have the passion and desire to succeed and make something of it, you can do it. I'm pretty much self taught and it wasn't until this room came along that we got a dedicated area to post stuff for newbies and experienced guys alike. There's plenty of help here and I get a lot of guys PMing me specific questions to I and others are only too happy to help you get going.

Best thing to do is get a few basic tools and some off cuts and have a play one day.

These skills WILL open doors, even on your oppositions jobs :D I know coz it happens all the time to me. Preferred contractor contracts will NOT stop the adjuster calling you in to repair something they either caused or can't fix themselves.

John

Back
Top Bottom