Favorite emulsifier?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I have talked to several people, and nobody neutralizes after running slurry. Why am I so stuck in thinking that you have to leave the carpet neutral? Has anyone seen a resoiling problem with just running prochem or whatever?

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
White Collar said:
I have talked to several people, and nobody neutralizes after running slurry. Why am I so stuck in thinking that you have to leave the carpet neutral? Has anyone seen a resoiling problem with just running prochem or whatever?

Too much slurry and/or poor extraction will result in brownout (I think its the surfactants). I use half to 2/3 of the recommended amount, works great, no problems. But to be honest, if I could find a rinse that cleaned as well as slurry on the nasties but without the buytl I'd switch in an instant.

roman

tman7 said:
White Collar said:

Too much slurry and/or poor extraction will result in brownout (I think its the surfactants). I use half to 2/3 of the recommended amount, works great, no problems. But to be honest, if I could find a rinse that cleaned as well as slurry on the nasties but without the buytl I'd switch in an instant.
:p try chemeisters gold powder. works fantastic

Mr.V

Dry Slurry is good stuff

Cosway Supplies up north here makes sumthin I can't remember the name of it but it looks and smells like slurry but just seems to work better

but I use Ultrachem's Extract with their neutralizer 95% of the time ,,,it's a green emulsifier with a neutral ph

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I like the slurry on the nasties and greasy too. I have been using the Judson o2 rinse a lot and really like it.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I don unnerstan this....i tell everyone about SuperClean and they buy Clean-It...which is WAY weaker...
BUY THE SUPERCLEAN!

then hit it wit some 1300

HOOTCHI-MOMMA!

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Are you talking about this Superclean? If so what do you mix it with and how much do you use?

product_concretecleaner.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
tman7 said:
Are you talking about this Superclean? If so what do you mix it with and how much do you use?

product_concretecleaner.jpg

No, he's talking about a Genie-Care emulsifier

The Ph is too high to be approved for stain resist goods

if you want to add more butyl to your pre-sprays (what Castrol is) buy Zep's Industrial Purple (or some such name as that) at Home Depot.
It's stronger and less expensive as castrol

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
since you're on the left coast, contact Shawn Forsythe.

I believe the supplier he works with sells the stuff.
Shawn is also our resident straight shooting chem expert here.
He'll answer any questions about the product better than we can

...L.T.A.

G

My Secret recipe is still unmatched; always looking for other chems though; I experiment a lot in my apartment contracts. Never used tide though; lol; man that would make carpet way to sticky; guess it depends on the water; any ways; I only pretreat with secret sauce; use clean water to suck up; keeps a working time after time.

Although about the tide; Tide Sensitive formula is good to use in spotter mixture.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
My new favorite is prochems all fiber deep clean(formely olefin deep clean) it is a 5.2 ph emulsifier that is woolsafe approved.. I believe in it so much first 8 people that want to try a gallon i'll send it free you just pay for the shipping.

TimP

Greenie said:
Ask your local if they will carry teh GeniCare line, if not, the only westcoast Dist. I can think of is Shawn Forsythe of Cen Cal Cleaning Supply, he's a moderator, ask him to send you some.

Question for Tim, what makes you prefer a powder emulsifier over the liquid, volume is about the same as is cost, even weight is pretty close, just curious? I think the liquid's ease of use is worth some bonus points when it comes to topping off a 5 gal head pack.

The way I see it....I use 2 cups to a mix tank of Point Blue (or for that matter most powdered emulsifiers probably dilute that way but this is what I've been using and it does work well). I think it's 30 bucks for a gallon comparible in size. I have bought the 40 lb pail compare it to 5+ gallons of liquid is how I see it. Judson rinse and all other liquid mix tank say to mix 4 cups to a mix tank. Doesn't take much math to see that you get a lot more RTU chemical with the point blue. Judson rinse at 27 bucks per gal with shipping and 30 bucks for point blue....2 cups dilution vs 4 cups with judson or any other rinse. You'd have to buy emulsifier in my opinion at 15 bucks a gallon to compete with a powder...I don't care to buy water. That's why I use powders. I'd rather run liquids for ease of use but I'm a BDCC and every buck counts.

Back
Top Bottom