Fear Vs. Greed

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
So i have this late payer.

I can run the credit card and pay the % fees, which will be a lot.
Or door #2 wait until next week for a check. Up to me.

Mind you this is a monthly customer and a good one, so no chance of being stiffed.
But still starting to annoy me.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I was thinking of waiting till Wednesday then run card if it doesn't go out by then.

Hate hate hate the idea of giving away couple hundred bucks.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Where else could you "invest" a little money for a week and get 3% interest? No brainer to me.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
$6300 "now" is better than $6500 "whenever it comes"

we did it for a chain of customers that demanded we start using the cards. hit them with a service fee " was recommended by them to offset the cost associated with processing and time and effort to actually receive payment onsite" in the end they reverted back to checks but i did like the whole idea of knowing the exact day we would have a nice increase to our cash flow, predictability when it comes to money is always very nice.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My reasoning is that few of those people that say they are sending payment in a few days actually do so.

I have a small fire clean up of $7,000.00 that I was told I would be paid for 6- weeks ago. I'm told it could be any day. I'd have rather the money!

Reactions: dgardner

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mind not the short attention span. Here's what the originator said:
Mind you this is a monthly customer and a good one, so no chance of being stiffed.
So don't lay your primal fears on him.
Wait for the check Shane (of course now that it was suggested it may have been permanently jinxed.)
Save the money, and..............
With that saved money, do not buy one of the many toys "Money" "Dick Jockey" and their cohorts, so fondly like to toss their money at :winky:.

And voila- you tenfold-ed your savings.

Please do not hesitate to call for more time proven recipes for financial security and general national happiness.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Oh no worry, I won't get stiffed either. This is a general contractor that we have had a relationship for decades.

Payment from them or from other insurance, corporate, pubic and private entity's are just not as prompt as one would like or expect.

When given the option, I'd much rather have a jingle in my pocket than a promise! :cool:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We service quite a few medical buildings and the bigger ones run into cash flow problems once in a while.
Ok, always....

I know pretty much what the story is, CFO told everyone to conserve cash and dont write any checks. Pay by CC if necessary.
The gobernment and insurance companies pay them late or dispute sometimes and its just a domino effect.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have an invoice from the VA that hasn't been paid since September. We keep getting the shuffle, they can every now and then and ask more info about it saying they are working on it but since it didn't have a P.O. number they are having difficulty getting it though there system. Ironic that it was emergency work, we had a couple of crews onsite within the hour and nearly 6-months have passed and its still unpaid.

I suppose as long as the Veterans Administration doesn't go under my money is secure right?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I have an invoice from the VA that hasn't been paid since September. We keep getting the shuffle, they can every now and then and ask more info about it saying they are working on it but since it didn't have a P.O. number they are having difficulty getting it though there system. Ironic that it was emergency work, we had a couple of crews onsite within the hour and nearly 6-months have passed and its still unpaid.

I suppose as long as the Veterans Administration doesn't go under my money is secure right?

:eekk:

Well, they are just waiting for China to lend them more money...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Mind not the short attention span. Here's what the originator said:
Shane Deubell said: ↑
So don't lay your primal fears on him.
Wait for the check Shane (of course now that it was suggested it may have been permanently jinxed.)
Save the money, and..............
With that saved money, do not buy one of the many toys "Money" "Dick Jockey" and their cohorts, so fondly like to toss their money at .
And voila- you tenfold-ed your savings.
Please do not hesitate to call for more time proven recipes for financial security and general national happiness.

Loooooooooooooooool!:clap:

Hey Richard, he called you"Dick Jockey"!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom