Features you'd like to see on Service Monster

Mikey P

Administrator
-I'd love to see a total for what each customer spent with us right on their account profile, highlighted in yellow..

The CSR should be able to see their value to our company with out having to pull up a report.

-Google maps fact check. If Google maps can't find the site upon entering the address the CSR gets a warning to check the addy with the caller.

Reactions: TomKing

West

Name
Clint
I'd like to see something specifically for tracking rugs. Kinda like a status update, Example: rug picked up/estimated, rug waiting to be cleaned, rug cleaned, rug ready to schedule a delivery or ready to be picked up, etc….. That way when the csr fields the phone call from the customer, they know the status to relay to the customer.

Name
I'm Rick James
-I'd love to see a total for what each customer spent with us right on their account profile, highlighted in yellow..

The CSR should be able to see their value to our company with out having to pull up a report.

-Google maps fact check. If Google maps can't find the site upon entering the address the CSR gets a warning to check the addy with the caller.

Howard P, Shane and a couple of other are using this service, heres a link.. I just signed up.

http://www.getserviceminder.com/

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I would like to see a total of what you have booked for the current month on the dashboard.
Right now you have to add gross sales and work orders to get the number. You also have to keep all work orders for the next month in estimate mode to get this number.

I would like to see a weekly sales total on the Dashboard.

I would like the ability to use QB online.

I would also like to see it interface with Outlook so you could dump a specific truck or sales route to an individuals calendar.

I would like a level of user that allowed a CSR to do label's, call lists etc and not have a total view of the accounting and sales numbers. This level of employee needs to see parts of the dashboard not all of it.

Automatic social media linking for all communications so you do not have to do letters and set up links.

I still love this program just a few tweaks needed.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
online calendar so customers can schedule appts., automatic emails confirmations and reminders like Full Circle used to have, also you should take a tour of serviceminder from above post. They have several cool features

Reactions: Newman and TomKing

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I'd like to have a bigger, more visible area to keep notes on a customer to alert for whatever reason you want it too. right now there is only 1 small line, which you can make it turn yellow but its not big enough and visible enough.

Another program I used before when you hit the alert button the whole top portion of the screen turned red. I like that.

Reactions: Mikey P

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I think the REPORTS section needs some help - and I've mentioned that to SM several times over the last couple of years. The CSR people from SM even agree with me when I complain about it. I think there needs to be more relevant reports that are easy to customize. It is not very intuitive to use, at least to me.

Also when you do create a report you can't even see the whole report without scrolling up and down plus back and forth. Horrible.

I'm actually surprised more people do not complain about the report section. If you don't know and understand your numbers you don't know where you are. SM lets us down in this area IMO.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Would like to be able to send additional attachments when emailing estimate/wo/invoice.

drummond1

Name
Chris Drummond
I had more of an issue with there mobile version. Having to zoom in and out. It wasn't a pleasant experience. They need to make signifigant improvements.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I'm on a roll here with this topic.

There needs to be a way to look back on the emails you do send to individual customers. Because it seems to send them internally on the web and NOT using your email program the only way you can see if an email went out for an customer is to go to that customer's record and look on the Activity tab for that individual customer. There is no place to go see a list for those types of emails.

An "outbox" of some sort in other words.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newman

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Thanks for reminding me Barry...the note section is way to small. There needs to be more room there for sure. Also their charge to go from 3 trucks to 4 on the schedule is nuts.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The services menu should be able to be used for advertising demographics. This is a big problem for SM. Far less expencive data programs allow this. Being able to choose advertising demographics by last date of service is not enough. You should be able to simply select your type of services. ie pet odor removal, tile cleaning, upholstery cleaning ect..from the services section. Then along with date of service and amount. Then be able to highly target your advertising. Without being able to easily do this is a major flaw for a data program that touts how it will help your marketing. This should be corected and im sure it wouldnt take much to accomplish this.

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would like a space for a PO# that would convert while importing to QB.. There are definitely some quirks when importing to QB that are quite annoying also.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Also their charge to go from 3 trucks to 4 on the schedule is nuts.
In the software world $540 a year doesn't even qualify as p-nuts. We're tens of thousands of dollars into a new software installation that still doesn't do anything until we spend more tens of thousands to write interfaces.
I'd love to spend only $1,500 a year to have the usability of Service Monster's program.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I'm on a roll here with this topic.

There needs to be a way to look back on the emails you do send to individual customers. Because it seems to send them internally on the web and NOT using your email program the only way you can see if an email went out for an customer is to go to that customer's record and look on the Activity tab for that individual customer. There is no place to go see a list for those types of emails.

An "outbox" of some sort in other words.

In addition, when emailing a confirmation or invoice ect. out of the SM program, you are not notified if the email was sent to an undeliverable address.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Yea Chris had that happen a lot. We call customer looking for payment because its over due and they say we never got it.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Is any one from service monster watching this thread?

I would love to be able to know my avg carpet job and water job separate.

Tom, I'm betting there is a way to pull a report if the work is inputted as separate services. The problem as I see it is that you can not just intuitively figure out things like this without calling Service Monster and having them talk you thru it. There is no reason that I can see why there are not dozens of reports of different types besides the few that are already there. And as I've said before they are hard to figure out themselves.

Have you called SM and asked them to walk you thru it?

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
be able to print a report with all future appointments for an account and its sites. I have some commercial accounts that i would like to send the years cleaning schedule to in January or at the beginning of the month with a get ready letter.

Reactions: davendana

davendana

Name
d Jackass
Integrated calendar with phone calendars, click able shortcut when looking up clients phone number, line in estimates showing discounts for individual items

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom