Fellow carpet cleaning buddy tells me the average one man..

Show makes 2k a week in the summer. I told him he is way wrong. He think I have to be in the top 98% of carpet cleaners. Is 22K a month unheared of as a one man show in the summer months? No weekends 8 hour max days. Not doing flood work just carpet and protector.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Re: Fellow carpet cleaning buddy tells me the average one ma

put some away for your grave I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

22 is great, as an owner op I'd love it! LIKE!

However I would think in peak season someone charging mid to high end could easily average a K a day. So if you work 20 days a week and no weekends I would think you are above average.

Good money for sure! hey now

Not sure what your friend is thinking, the 2K would only be $400.00 a day average. I've seen Jimmy naked

Greg Cole

Name
Greg

Mountain View Carpet Care said:
Show makes 2k a week in the summer. I told him he is way wrong. He think I have to be in the top 98% of carpet cleaners. Is 22K a month unheared of as a one man show in the summer months? No weekends 8 hour max days. Not doing flood work just carpet and protector.

I guess that would depnd on the operator. I would say 2k a week is extremely low. 3-4 jobs a day x 5 days = 15 - 20 jobs. An average ticket of $200 would be $3000 to $4000 a week.

a $225 job average would be $3375 to $4500 $3375x 4.4 weeks = $14850. $4500 x 4.4 weeks = $19,800.

Unheard of? NO Hard? YES

We evaluate weekly, monthly, quarter, and annually. Usually banner months are as a direct result of a change in te environment. Either the business environment 9 a competitorgoes under) or the environmental ( a super mild summer or super warm January). Has this happened?

Becker

Name
Becker

I know a lot of carpet cleaners who have never broke $100,000.00 in a year. A LOT!
I know A LOT who have no idea what they really make personally after costs etc.

I know some who do 10k plus a week, and others 1k..

hogjowl

Idiot™

The only constant in carpet cleaning is that all cleaners think they are God's gift to the industry.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

That's not true......I think I'm god's gift to my wife. eat shit!

Pssst please don't tell her I said that! oh my...

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin

I would think you should be able to afford a helper and work 4 days a week.

rhino1 said:
I would think you should be able to afford a helper and work 4 days a week.

I'm sure I could but why? That would call for anouther day to spend with the GF..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

40 hours MAX a week and $22K gross month for a ONE man crew .
Yea, you're well above average and you know damn well you are ..that's why you posted it, i figure :lol:

..L.T.A.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

I couldn't survive on 2k a week in the summer, barely in the winter for that matter. August will be my biggest month and I should be at around 22K for next month. I have a 1 week job starting next week for 11k.

racebum

Ruff Hewn said:
40 hours MAX a week and $22K gross month for a ONE man crew .
Yea, you're well above average and you know damn well you are ..that's why you posted it, i figure :lol:

..L.T.A.

that's more or less what i was telling rich {i'm the guy he's referring to by the way} doing 20k/month has you in the top 1-2% of cleaners doing a one man show.

i really have no idea what the "average" is but i do know there are a lot of guys who barely get by and a few who rake in stacks of cash.

mcatt

Name
Mike

I met and talked to a guy at my supplier the other day who is absolutley struggling after 25 years in the business? He does no advertising or marketing at all and relies on repeats and referrals of them I guess. He says that when the economy bombed he completely died cause the repeats called less or not at all. I asked him if he at least marketed back to his clients and he said he tried to do 6 month calls or something. Jus bizarre how little he was dong to get busy?

He's not doing 20k a month.

Name
I'm Rick James

Anyone of you o/o ever get hurt?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

Caduceus said:
Anyone of you o/o ever get hurt?

yup and its a bitch.....

more so the lingering effects I have....

Mikey P said:
Rich, heard from Todd lately?

Yes, he house sitted for me for a few days when I went to TX. He is sick of cleaning carpets and has his heart set on the philippines. I will see him at the horse track tomorrow night. I will tell him you were asking about him.

F

FB7777

Marty said:
The only constant in carpet cleaning is that all cleaners think they are God's gift to the industry.
So very true

And that anyone who charges less than they CLAIM is a hack

randy

Name
Randy

mcatt said:
I met and talked to a guy at my supplier the other day who is absolutley struggling after 25 years in the business? He does no advertising or marketing at all and relies on repeats and referrals of them I guess. He says that when the economy bombed he completely died cause the repeats called less or not at all. I asked him if he at least marketed back to his clients and he said he tried to do 6 month calls or something. Jus bizarre how little he was dong to get busy?

He's not doing 20k a month.

I have met tons of guys like you describe and yes the economy is horrible right now but that isn't the real reason they are in such bad shape. Some of these guys are still trying to work the business like we did 10-15 years ago. That just will not fly. I talked with a guy the other day that is still spending a ton of money on yellow pages (like the bulk of his ad budget) and then He won't mail his database because it cost too much. No mystery why he is in trouble. He will be a one man band at 60, complaining about having no retirement .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom