Fels Naptha users...I have a question for you.

Mikey P

Administrator
Have you ever seen a spot that you worked on during a prior visit resoil abnormally?
Have you had any discoloration issues?

any problems what so ever?

I'm doing some scientific new age research to help dispute a claim by Paul Lucas of Chem Max who tells me that I and any other Fels user is doing a disservice to their clients and that they out of their minds to not be using a modern product to remove stubborn stains.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Never used it. Do ya just rub it on the floor? Seems kinda like odd behavior Mikey. I'm game : )

Name
Lee Stockwell
It annoys me that the bathtub and cement mixer chemical salespeople of our little industry pass judgment on chemicals that don't come from "legitimate carpet cleaning chemists"....ie THEM.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Switching between two wands this week I have noticed that it takes alot longer to rinse Fels with my 6 flow Ti then my 9 flow,and if you don't rinse it out you will of course have resoiling.. Never had it discolor a carpet.. ever.

Reactions: Mikey P

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Been using Fels for years now. Never had any issues. Never seen any problems at repeat custy's homes.

It's the catz azz and I'm stickin with it!

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Well, I suppose I am in the group that buys the carpet cleaning chemical manufacturers lies. I only use textile chems on textiles. If the cake soap thing works out that's great.

But what would any of you say if somebody said "I use Tide on stubborn traffic lanes, and I just rinse them out thoroughly afterward".

In the context of this discussion, I suppose that idea might see some support, but in any other discussion, I feel sure such a person would be labeled a hack or worse. Where does it end? Either detergents are detergents and it doesn't matter, or carpet detergents are setup in formulation to work around the challenges of cleaning a textile that's hard to rinse becuase you can't just throw it in the washing machine for a a full immersion wash and rinse and if you could the home owner wouldn't need you.

Grant

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
never had any type of problem when using it....but as we all already know.....the key is to make sure you really flush it out.........

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I you use it all the time without issue of discoloration or resoiling. What do you guys use a gauge for complete flushing? Is it just an extra pass or two? No remaining foam on carpet? How do you know?

Mikey P

Administrator
I would touch each spot for the first few hundred time...now after years of proof I just know that four slow passes does the job.

If you're a CWPH you may need to make 16 passes.

bad analogy Grant, no one is cleaning a whole room with The Cake.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You'll have to show me while I'm out there. I have no experience with it and without the knowledge I'd have to lump all you Fels users in the HACK category. :rockon:

Seriously I'd like to see how hard or easy it is to flush out and what's the benefit to using it over what we currently are using.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
The only thing I don't like about it is that is really dries up the skin on my fingers. How do most of you dispense it?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Fel's naptha is primarily a soap-based solid bar.

Because it is a soap, and not a detergent, it is harder to rinse.

This difficulty is made more difficult if you have hard water.

Soaps will emulsify certain oils well.

We do use some in our formulations (with modern surfactants & sequestrants to reduce hardness)

Mikey, I suggest at MikeyFest you take the industry initiative,

and test side-by-side all 150 or so soap bars

to determine once and for all which bar of soap performs best,

and how many additional rinse passes are required.

(Don't forget the photos of the 150 bars of soap being rubbed into the carpet.)

You might as well perform this industry leading testing

The industry needs to know the visionary actually planned the testing to determine

that Fel's is the best bar of soap? :icon_rolleyes:

Larry

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
It's been sold for over 100 years, and it seems the millions of USERS have tested and decided it works well enough to keep buying it.

After all, why CHANGE a product that cleans so well?

Reactions: hogjowl and FB7777

Beeks

Name
J.R.
we have it on all trucks, used to use it myself all the time, never any issues, only problem solving!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Paul really chapped your ass on that thread didn't he lol, what did he say that soaps re dead and synthetic deergents are the wave of the future? maybe he can go to the middle east and spad he gospel t all the village folk who are still washing their rugs in the town river.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what some of you cornpones don't realize I guess.... more than a few hi performance "CCing" spotters don't rinse so well

How 'bout Pro Solve gel?
Damn good chit, but doesn't rinse so well, boys and girls
How 'bout damn near ALL the d'limo spotters for that matter..

quickest (and BEST) way to thoroughly rinse spotters is with aggressive, short, fast, keyed chop strokes, finish with a slow flush/rinse keyed back stroke.
Give it dry stroke or two and get on your way

this ain't rocket science, kids :icon_rolleyes:

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Morality claims from a Jwit Spongo supporter. ..what a joke.

Paul really chapped your ass on that thread didn't he lol, what did he say that soaps re dead and synthetic deergents are the wave of the future? maybe he can go to the middle east and spad he gospel t all the village folk who are still washing their rugs in the town river.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I never had an issue with Fels resoiling or causing color damage. I have been using it for at least seven years. I usually have the liquid Fels on hand. I believe it rinses out easier than the "caked" on rub.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And here people mock and laugh at me for using SUMMERS EVE as an acid rinse.

And yeah I use WD-40 and brake cleaner from time to time.

No different than those low moisture idiots who use believe in that pixie dust forming $40 a gallon encap SCAMPOOS!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom