few questions for the guys leaving yard signs

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
where did you get them made? do you leave them at every job or just select ones? how long do you leave them?
do you really get a response from them?
thanks
dave

Becker

Name
Becker
Not that I'm saying the practice is wrong.

But, I'd never ask a client to let me put a sign in their yard.

I'm very interested in the results from those that do it though.
Even still, I'd have a hard time asking.

Instead, I like to leave 3-5 cards and let me work speak for itself with they have all the girls over for tea.

Becker

Name
Becker
God I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

After I posted, i thought.. Maybe I just don't have the marketing balls.

Fact is, I really have to agree with my big headed friend Mikey.

Damn trashy!

fiber fanatic

Feels to needy ,,,might work... but seems like playin a tune on my own horn and ya know how the majority feels about that....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i always think that the company gives a discount to put that trashy looking sign up......

are you guys THAT hard up......JHC?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I think it would work much better for companies that you can see there work like landscapers, roofers, windows ect. ect...

I have thought about it but I feel the same as posted above...

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yea i am torn on it..i asked several people in my area that have yard signs because of pools or additions being
built and they all said that they didnt care..i asked some neighbors and got the same results...
i will have to keep asking around and get feedback.
thanks for the honest answers.
dave

Al

I could see it working on a restoration job that takes a few weeks to finish but not for a 2 hour cc' job. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that. 8)

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
here it is common to have comm yard sign but i have only seen them for roofing, security, and remodels. and as a roofer i just give them a 200 discount to keep the sign in the yard and most custy jump on it.

steve r

ive been thinking about getting a dozen or so nice ones and putting them at friends homes who have high traffic by their homes.they would be somewhat permanent.i think this would workas long as the signs are done nice.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I will tell you that people were strongly put off by it all when we did it. Restoration wise they didn't mind it; removed it once we completed the job. Why would someone with a $300k+ home want you to put that piece of crap in their lovely landscaped yard. You're better off just kindly asking them for a referral.

Now on the flip side. We found that putting them on the on/off ramps of the freeway we got a decent amount of calls from.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom